Need help to ID this body

• Thread starter Mattmc74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
daynes guitar front.jpg

daynes guitar back.jpg

I got this guitar body out of the trash and I'm having a hard time IDing its maker, any help would be great.

It will be biult for my nephew Dayne.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score
Hard to say, I'm thinking Charvel/Jackson around mid-late 80's had that kind of finish + kahler and that control setup, but I don't know for sure...

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking Charvel/Jackson as well but not totally sure. I should add that it is a plywood body and the trem is not a real Kahler. It don't have Kahler stamped on it anywhere.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I stumbled upon a random body like that: same strat-ish shape, switches instead of selector, and a Kahler trem. Mine was white.

I had no idea where it came from until I saw a "whole" version of the guitar mounted on the wall of a TGIFriday's :)lol:). IIRC, it's a Washburn.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I stumbled upon a random body like that: same strat-ish shape, switches instead of selector, and a Kahler trem. Mine was white.

I had no idea where it came from until I saw a "whole" version of the guitar mounted on the wall of a TGIFriday's :)lol:). IIRC, it's a Washburn.

Thanks for the info man!:metal:

DomitianX

Oxygen Converter
Reaction score
Reminds me of a Charvel 4 that I had back in the day. You could get it with Kahler instead of the FR licensed trem. It had a toggle for each pickup like that. But this one is more pointed in the cutaways. The Carvels were more rounded. Im guessing Washburn like Demiurge said.

misingonestring

Irrelevant Name
Reaction score
Definately some sort of 80's off brand. I saw something like that in a pawn shop a while back but I didn't catch the name on the headstock.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a search on washburns and didn't find any pics that matched. I have been doing some looking at off brands as well with no good results. Some pics I have seen of the body look close but when you see the back control route nothing matches up.:scratch:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's not anything remotely Charvel/Jackson. The only guitars I remember seeing with that POS trem were JB Players and Guild Burnsides, and this looks more like a JB Player:

jb_player_high_end_electric-trades_450_trop_and_eastern_11510041.jpg

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
That's not anything remotely Charvel/Jackson. The only guitars I remember seeing with that POS trem were JB Players and Guild Burnsides, and this looks more like a JB Player:

jb_player_high_end_electric-trades_450_trop_and_eastern_11510041.jpg

:yesway: This looks to be the closest so far. I would like to see a pic of the back to see the control route. I'll google it.

Okay an update I just googled pics of both guitars and it's a Guild Burnside. I saw a few pics of a white one front and back and it was dead on! Thanks again eaeolian!!!!!!!!!!

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I got the GFS bridge pickup installed and now I have to buy the pots,a neck, and some tuners and this will be ready to be sent off the my nephew as his first guitar.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some new pics of the progress for the build. My little nephew is going to love this thing!

daynes neck.jpg

Nice looking rosewood (1).jpg

Nice looking rosewood (2).jpg

Nice looking rosewood.jpg

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice! Are you adding/changing anything on it or just cleaning her up?

')