Need help to ID this body

• Thread starter Mattmc74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Just going to clean it up really good. Add some new guts and ship it off to my nephew. This will be his first guitar so I sure he will bang it around alot, that's why I didn't go all out and spend a a lot of cash on refinishing it. Later down the road if he take up the guitar full time I will build him a brand new one with all new premium parts.

Added a DiMarzio cliplock strap to it yesterday as well, want to make sure it dont slip off and smash on the floor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jontain

Reaction score
we got one cool uncle right here ^

Looks ace man, glad you identified it.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Picture 283.jpg

Newest pic. Now I just need a few more parts and this will be ready to go.

My nephew will be here next week from South Carolina to visit family up here in Michigan, hopefully I have it all completed by then!

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
UPDATE - Its all done and has been delivered to my little nephew. I will post up a pick of it when I get a chance(im at work for a few days).

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Well here is the pic of the new owner of the guitar. He was really excited on getting his first guitar! I told him if he keeps playing it and shows a lot of interest in playing that I would build him an even better one! :hbang:

dayne mckellip.jpg

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
That is absolutely awesome. The guitar is bigger than he is :lol:. Seriously though the earlier the better, hopefully he sticks with it. I wish my parents cracked down on me to practice more when I started playing. I agree with many of the previous comments: best uncle ever indeed.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
That is absolutely awesome. The guitar is bigger than he is :lol:. Seriously though the earlier the better, hopefully he sticks with it. I wish my parents cracked down on me to practice more when I started playing. I agree with many of the previous comments: best uncle ever indeed.

:yesway: Thanks all! Yeah it is a little big for him but he is growing like a weed and it will fit him soon enough. I almost wanted to do a 3/4 size but I talked myself out of it because I knew he would out grow it too fast.

')