Need help to set up a decent sound with Line6 PodFarm :)

• Thread starter guitarzombie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzombie

Punching your Salad
Reaction score
First off: Greetings to all members of the extended range family! :) :wavey:
-
Now to the point. About two months ago I bought my first Line6GX. Its really fun to mess around with it, but to get a decent high-gain tone, which supports the heavy low ends and mids, is a pain in the ass. I have considered buying the metal pack, when I'll have more money.
-
My axe is a Schecter Blackjack, loaded with Blackouts.
my goal is to achieve a chugging sound with dark clarity. something Dino Cazares had on the first Divine Heresy record, or something koRn-ish perhaps :)
-
here are some samples:
EvA (work in progress) by guitarzombie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Sickness Flow (work in progress) by guitarzombie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Eva2_2 by guitarzombie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hope you can help :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scriff1985

Reaction score
I'll say what most people on here would likely say and that is use Impulses rather than cab modelling. There's a sticky at the top of this forum that tells you all about them, it will make a world of difference to your tone. Redwirez impulses are good but theres plenty of free ones kicking around on forums and such you can try.

The metal pack is good for POD farm but I personally use the Treadplate dual model which is a standard model, a lot of people prefer the California Diamond plate (think its called that anyway), but its all personal preference.

guitarzombie

Punching your Salad
Reaction score
impulses..hmm.. thanks, will definitely check it out.
-
I use a Line6 treadplate, with a tubescreamer as boost. Did you take a look at the samples? :) If so, what do you think?

Revan132

Reaction score
I feel like we either need to sticky something like this or just have these guys use the search function because this shit pops up all of the time. :lol:

ArrowHead

Reaction score
The metal pack is worth it for the Engl model alone. I use the Big Bottom, Engl, Soldano, and the missisippi criminal (5150 style) a lot. I honestly don't remember which of those came in the metal pack.

Revan132

Reaction score
The metal pack is worth it for the Engl model alone. I use the Big Bottom, Engl, Soldano, and the missisippi criminal (5150 style) a lot. I honestly don't remember which of those came in the metal pack.

The Big Bottom and ENgl I know for a fact come with the metal pack.

')