Need Help with a Truss Rod Problem

AKan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is probably my first post since three years ago. I just got back from college, and I am on winter break until mid January. My workshop and tools being located in my parent's garage ~200 miles from my school, I have not got the chance to work on my guitars in quite some time, so I went through the various projects I had going when I was in high school to find something to do over the break. I found this:

Long story short, 16 year old me ordered and installed the wrong type of truss rod in the guitar. What this means is that my route gave no room to adjust the truss rod, since the truss rod's allen key shape is over the outside of the adjustment wheel, which is snug in the channel I had routed.

Do you guys know of a way I can enlarge the cavity near the headstock without having to remove the fingerboard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
I use a Dremel with the 9903 insert to fine tune the truss rod access opening. Also pretty useful for f-holes and other stuff...

')