Need help with audio problem in Cubase 5...

Rues

Reaction score
Hi! I'm having huge problems in Cubase 5 when it comes to audio... Today, i was going to try Asio4All V2 just by curiosity (I used the standard audio-drivers before and have been using them for a long time without ANY problems). While i was using Asio4all, i noticed how the sound started to crackle as hell and the whole music program started to lag... I thought "Well, i'm just gonna change back..." but no... now.. not a freaking sh*t works... Standard audiodrivers lags as hell, ASIO low latency drivers = same there, nothing works without crackle, pops and lag... I have restarted the computer 3 times without succes. If you guys have any tip how i should do i would be so grateful (Ofcourse i was just in a middle of a project that was going soooo good) BTW, i can tell you guys im not a huge pro when it comes to audio options and so in, i don't know what info i should give you more than this and the computerspecs (Which is far over average, they should handle Cubase 5 without any problems, and ive always runned it w/o problems), but anyway, would be soooo glad if anyone could help me :)

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rues

Reaction score
Well that is the strange thing... Highest buffersize available doesn't help, it still lags as shit, what ever sounddriver i test at... But i havn't i got any lags or crackles what so ever untill i tested asio4all, that is the thing im getting so annoyed at, i don't know wtf happend :scratch: Actually i dont have any audio interface gear and all that... i know it could be affective... but since ive never had any problems before, i can't really be that (?) :(

sggod89

yeah I take steriods
Reaction score
You might be at the threshold of your computer's maximum performance. Are you sure you aren't underestimating Cubase? VST's like Superior Drummer can sometimes suck up almost a gig of RAM by its self. Try tuning off major plugins you might have running, that should make your session workable. Easy work-arounds are bouncing out tracks from instrument VSTs, or leaving certain plugins off until you mixdown your track (such as mastering plugins you would have on the master bus).

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
Open your windows task manager, and go to processes or whatever. Close out all of your bullshit background stuff. My buddy's cubase used to crackle when itunes helper was running in the background, but closing all that shit helped. The same goes for any full applications you have open: Internet explorer, media player, etc. Try just making sure cubase is all you're running.

')