Need help with Decimator Pro Rack G

• Thread starter zhunt1130
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zhunt1130

Slightly Progessive
Reaction score
I picked up a Pro Rack G about a week before tour that I just got back from. For the most part, I'm pretty satisfied. I haven't found that sweet spot between killing feedback and cutting off intricate notes just yet but I'll get there with time, just need some more experience with it.

Here's my issue, I run the 2nd channel through my fx loop(obviously) and it is the only thing run through the loop. It kills the residual amp hum amazingly well except when I'm tuning. When I hit my tuner pedal you can hear the hum as I'm hitting each string, almost as if I'm "playing" the hum lol. The tuner is the first thing in my signal chain after the beginning of the 1st channel on the Decimator. I've had problems with the pedal in the past not completely muting while I tuned, so that leads me to think it's the tuner that's the issue.

Am I missing something here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
The Pro Rack G works by using the first "channel" to detect your guitar signal and adjust the gate accordingly. Thus, if your guitar signal goes into the first channel and then into a tuner, then the gate will open up when you hit a string, even though the tuner is muting the guitar signal itself; all you'll hear when the gate opens up is the amp noise that's otherwise being muted.

I'd move the tuner before the Decimator, and possibly buy a new tuner as well, since you think that one's buggy.

japs5607

Reaction score
When I ran my pro rack g. I had the tuner into channel one. Then put everything else into the effects loop on channel 2. I was using a Korg rack mount. Never had any noise issues

Scordare

Reaction score
The Pro Rack G works by using the first "channel" to detect your guitar signal and adjust the gate accordingly. Thus, if your guitar signal goes into the first channel and then into a tuner, then the gate will open up when you hit a string, even though the tuner is muting the guitar signal itself; all you'll hear when the gate opens up is the amp noise that's otherwise being muted.

I'd move the tuner before the Decimator, and possibly buy a new tuner as well, since you think that one's buggy.

^^^^
this

..put the tuner in front of channel 1.

zhunt1130

Slightly Progessive
Reaction score
Worked perfectly guys, thanks for the help! I am however still confused about another issue. I use a Carbon Copy and Holy Grail for my lead tone, both are in the loop controlled simultaneously by a Keeley true bypass/looper pedal. Whenever I try to put the 2nd channel in front of both of them, or technically in front of the Keeley, it won't kill the residual amp hum, but it will I go from fx send straight to the Keeley and out from that into the input of channel 2. I'm not necessarily having any problem with it as the gate isn't choking any of the delay/reverb, I just thought it was odd. At this point I'll just chock it up to the good ol "if it isn't broke don't fix it", thanks for all the help!

')