Need help with ESP STEF B7

gogolXmogol

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum and to the whole 7 string guitars theme. :)
I want to buy a NEW ESP Stef B7 guitar (custom shop) and right now I'm looking for a best price on it.
Is there any good and descent priced deal for this guitar, maybe you can recommend a store or a seller of B7 for a descent price (if it's prohibited to post this info just PM me). thanks!

And a quick questions about the STEF B7, does the reversed headstock influence the tuning stability or this is just another myth that can be found on the internet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gogolXmogol

Reaction score
Yea but I want a new guitar :) That's just my preference. I'm pretty sure there are people who monitor good deals on interesting guitars

mniel8195

Reaction score
good luck with that. I dont see custom shop esp going for crazy deals. why would someone lower their cost on a custom shop esp??? the only way your going to find a better price than whats posted online is used. prepare to wait.

otisct20

Reaction score
You have to remember that it's a CUSTOM SHOP ESP, these never sell cheap, even used in good condition they still fetch a pretty penny. Good luck finding one used though, I dont see these come up for sale very often. I do hear some great things about the SC-607B though. :yesway:

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
Whenever I have bought anything high end and have dealt with my same dealer he usually shows me what he pays for it and says "I will do it for this price and make $100 of you". That number does vary up and down. He usually always gives me the what the tax would be off the price.

Dude if you don't have the money to buy a custom shop ESP then either save up for one or get a SC-607B. You would be surprised how much dealers really make off of guitars.

gogolXmogol

Reaction score
You misunderstood me obviously. I don't expect it to be crazy cheap or as priced as ltd 607, but a deal with a $100-200 off the price than in the rest of the stores is good enough already.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Just go to gearhounds. They have a %off deal all the time and have the B7 sig in stock.
With their current sale you can have a new B7 for just over $3k. I must note that this is not the custom shop version although the quality will be comparable.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Brad from Rig-Talk/King Guitar is an ESP dealer that claims to have good pricing that he doesn't or can't advertise. I've had no connection or dealings with him, but he's been a cool dude when I've spoken to him.

gogolXmogol

Reaction score
capoeiraesp, cardinal thanks guys!
I've found b7 on gearhound for 3.5k and the serial starts from K (which is Kiso custom shop) so it should be the custom one.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Be sure to use their current discount on gear hounds. You should get about $450 off

gogolXmogol

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
What do you think of reversed headstock? Does it influence the tuning stability or this is just another myth that can be found on the internet.

Khaerruhl

Reaction score
Regarding the headstock, if anything I believe you could get something called "sympathetic vibrations", IE the lower string could buzz over at the headstock. Should be easily rectified with the foam you get in pickup boxes.

gogolXmogol

Reaction score
Khaerruhl, I see. Many of guitar players use the foam on the heasdstock for recordings, can it really affect tone in some cases?

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
capoeiraesp, cardinal thanks guys!
I've found b7 on gearhound for 3.5k and the serial starts from K (which is Kiso custom shop) so it should be the custom one.

Check on the logo stamp on the back of the headstock. There are also Signature Series guitars with K serial number.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Khaerruhl, I see. Many of guitar players use the foam on the heasdstock for recordings, can it really affect tone in some cases?

It just sounds annoying to the player, and this is not a function of a reverse headstock. Happens with most guitars that aren't dead planks.

')