Need help with my new song mixing

• Thread starter burl
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

burl

Reaction score
so it is my friend actually doing the mixing stuffs. I just telling him what kind of feeling I am looking for.

The main problem is that I am not satisfied with my orchestra group in this song.

I am looking for something more aggressive and punchier sound, for violin and viola (better be single violin or viola VST). Any VST instrument recommendation?

Also looking for comments and advice for my new song, Thank you! :hbang:

<iframe width="100%" height="166" s...w_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false"></iframe>

(I dont know if the embed code is going to work, the soundcloud link is here

https://soundcloud.com/ming-wen-1/project02-mixed-demo

Just in case :p)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hohomaru

Reaction score
To be honest I don't think the orchestra parts sound bad at all, they could probably be turned up in the mixes verb/comp bus. What I am hearing though, is little pops and clicks at the start of the runs around :32.

I'm guessing you recorded each run in multiple takes. Just filter those out and i'd say you've got a pretty solid mix dude.

Dig the tune btw.

Descent

Reaction score
The drums overall are too ephemereal...I think they need a lot more weight. I can definitely feel that they are not acoustic drums, some of the rolls are just way too digital (fake). You need some humanizing on those, especially there is a floor tom in the right side that is way louder than the rest.

In the opening the guitar arpeggio completely buries the whole arrangement underneath.

Bass seems to sit well.

I'd give the orchestra a bit more volume and spread it wider, maybe do violins on one side, violas, etc. on the other.

I think the backing guitars are a bit over the place, in volume and eq, maybe need to carve a better eq niche for them.

Great tune btw...I don't think the mix takes away too much from what you're trying to project but it could definitely be improved.

Latest posts

')