Need help with my RG7620......

Reaction score
hey y'all, i guess this would be my first thread on here. i searched all over for the last few weeks and can't find anything on the topic, but anyways, i have an iron pewter rg7620 that i've had for a couple years now, and i lent it to a friend for a couple months. upon returning it, i went to change the strings and found that the bolts that lock the strings into the bridge have been completely stripped :mad:. i've searched everywhere; ibanezrules, reverb, ebay, the ibanez parts site, and aside from buying a completely new bridge, it doesn't seem like i have any options for replacing these bolts. the bridge is a lopro edge 7 of course. does anyone know where i can find these bolts, or if i should just find a new bridge?

i almost want to just sell it, as i'm in med school and don't really have anymore time/money to spend on this guy, and since my birthday is coming up in september, i could just buy a new ibanez....
anyways, if any of you guys have any info on this or have been in a similar situation, any help would be much appreciated!!

(p.s. im at work so no pics yet but i can add later if needed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jerm

Reaction score
You should be able to find what you need on Ibanez Rules. Email Rich @ ibanez rules, he should be able to find pretty much everything Ibanez related.

Edika

Reaction score
They seem like standard alen screws. If you see which alen size you need (before striping), length of screw and pitch of screw (most probably 0.5 mm) you can just order online or find them in a hardware store. Most probably must cheaper than Ibanez rules too.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
You should be able to find what you need on Ibanez Rules. Email Rich @ ibanez rules, he should be able to find pretty much everything Ibanez related.

^Correct answer. IbanezRules.com has a great parts selection, so you can get OEM replacements. I don't know if there's anything special about them that would preclude you from getting replacements elsewhere, like fu-tone.com.

Reaction score
thanks guys! i don't know why i didn't think to email rich, i guess i just jumped to conclusions after not finding anything in his parts list. need my 7 string back in commission to play along with the new periphery record!!!

Jamiecrain

Reaction score
This is a common issue caused by using an imperial gauge Allen key in a metric bolt and vice versa. If you have multiple guitars, you probably have both gauges. Put some tape around one of the gauges to identify them, and/or keep the correct ones in the case of the guitar in question.

')