Need opinions before I pull the trigger...

• Thread starter EmpulseOrange
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EmpulseOrange

Reaction score
Hi guys, well my band is fixing to go on tour this summer, so time to drop down some cash on gear.

I will be getting an Eleven Rack (plus a ton of recording equipment to fully funish a small studio) and I plan on using that for my guitar tones. Rhythm guitarist is geting a Single Rec and buying my Blackheart 4x12 with Celestion's.

I currently have a custom made 4x12 with Celestions that I use for recording - not really something I want to take out on the road... So would a Laney/Blackstar/Avatar/or Randall 2x12 be loud enough? Would it even look right? (I also plan to run the 11rack through the Mains at venues as well)

---For rest of band:

2 Crown XLS1000 power amplifiers (4 channels total)
(Amp 1)
-ch 1 for powering Eleven Rack
-ch 2 for my bassist's bass POD
(Amp 2)
-ch 1 for powering Vocal Mixer (PV8 already have)
-ch 2 for powering Drum Mixer (PV8 already have)

Furman M8DX Power Conditioner

I want to put it all in a Carvin 12 Space Rack Case (with wheels) so most of our equipment is in one big rack case that can be wheeled around. Space is an issue.

We have 2 15" Active Kustom Speakers and 2 12" Peavey Passive Speakers (Not really planning on touring with these, more for band practice and small shows, they work, so why fix em hahaha)

------

So basically, we have the Peavey mixers and speakers, everything else will be bought, just wanted some advice on my potential rig BEFORE I pulled the trigger. Have to have a way to power 11rack, bass pod, vocals (2 mics), and drums (4-6 mics) and would like to keep it all together for ease of transport,space, and peace of mind.

We play a southern metal/sludge style in the vein of The Melvins, Mastodon, Kyuss, Down and Load-Reload era Metallica :)fawk: I know).

Budget is around $1500, give or take. Still have to buy some studio equipment as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')