Need opinions on a mix...

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to this site. I joined a couple of years ago, but never really posted or got involved in any conversations. I've recently begun to really get into wiriting and recording, and am working on getting a band going.

I would really like to be able to do our own production. I've dabbled in Pro Tools for about a year, but have just recently gotten serious about it and am hoping I can come here to maybe get some advice/feedback and learn a lot through reading the threads. I would like some opinions on this mix of just guitar and drums to see if I'm hopefully heading in the right direction. The playing is pretty sloppy (fret buzz too) at points so ignore that, and this is only a portion of a song.

I'm using an Eleven Rack and this is a tone I created building off another I downloaded called "Ardjentina". The kit is the Metal Foundy "Bleed" kit. I adjusted the EQ, construct, and mix on the drums quite a bit to get it where I liked it. What I did for posting this was exported it at a low volume out of the original session, then created a new session and dumped the audio track into there to raise the volume so it was a bit more acceptable volumewise for posting.

To me it sounds paper thin. I know this is partially because of there being no bass and unmastered and what not, but it just bugs me and I tend to get way discouraged after listening to some of the mixes on here and start to second guess what I'm doing... :wallbash: ...but any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

SoundClick artist: CHEMIC idea page - We're 2 guitar players looking to start a new metal project in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Hopefully

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xlabambax

Reaction score
adding bass and maybe boosting 500hz-1k region on the guitars will give you that fullness your looking for?

Latest posts

')