Need opinions on agile issues.

• Thread starter TraitorsEyes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Setnakt

il Brutto
Reaction score
The uneven nut thing would be an easy fix. But the bridge, the glue spillage out of the fret slots and the other scratches and things are disappointing.

I haven't had any problems with my Agiles. :shrug:

broj15

Reaction score
The fill in would piss me off the most. I have some experience fixing guitars so the bridge and nut would be no big deal but the fact that there is a fill in almost makes it seems like it was damaged on the way to Rondo and someone there just did a shitty quick repair job. I was kind of thinking about an agile for my next 7 but this and other horror stories make me want to stay away.

TraitorsEyes

Reaction score
Dang.. that's just terrible. And I was really considering Agile for my first 7 too. Is the QC any better if it's a custom, or is it still the same sketch build quality?

can't comment on the custom guitars, but I know I'm not taking a chance again.

Guitars: it's a gamble
Customer Service: excellent (for US only)

It should just have been delivered to Rondo today. Honestly, the specs and price range are great for what they are, but it's just so damn risky. There are plenty of great Agiles out there, but overall, it's just not worth it. It did feel cheap, the snow white finish was more akin to an aged white, and yada yada all the blems/issues, but The neck felt AMAZING though. If they just had some QC they'd be killer.

Even my old 7321 (dont know what year it is) felt of higher quality than the agile. For a first 7, you can't go wrong with a 7321 with a hardtail bridge and some good pups. I actually miss it lol.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
can't comment on the custom guitars, but I know I'm not taking a chance again.

Guitars: it's a gamble
Customer Service: excellent (for US only)

It should just have been delivered to Rondo today. Honestly, the specs and price range are great for what they are, but it's just so damn risky. There are plenty of great Agiles out there, but overall, it's just not worth it. It did feel cheap, the snow white finish was more akin to an aged white, and yada yada all the blems/issues, but The neck felt AMAZING though. If they just had some QC they'd be killer.

Even my old 7321 (dont know what year it is) felt of higher quality than the agile. For a first 7, you can't go wrong with a 7321 with a hardtail bridge and some good pups. I actually miss it lol.

That is a shame. I love Ibbys. I always have. They by far have my favorite neck, but I don't know how I feel about new Ibanez's lately. They all seem so cheap to me. They don't make many prestige models with a fixed bridge anymore and I'd like to be able to order a guitar in something other than black. I dunno I hope they get out of their funk soon and go back to making my favorite guitars like the RGA 121.

Ibbys aside though, I'll probably go ahead and get an agile and hope for the best. They really are one of the only options in their price range that has everything I'm looking for. Worst case scenario I ship it back and have to shop around for something else.

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
I bought a used 727 a few weeks back which from my understanding was a few years old and actually at one point owned by another forum member. I didn't see any of those types of QC issues. However after all the reading I have done I most likely wouldn't order one straight from Rondo.

I love the agile neck, its the first 7 neck I have like. I didn't like ibbys or schecter necks. This truly was just right.

My hope is that over the next year or so another agile 7 will pop up on CL with a fixed bridge.

')