Need RG7620 measured length

bikemail

Reaction score
Greetings,

I need to purchase a case for a RG7620 but don't have it available at this to measure (it's in transit (bubble wrap &cardboard)) and I need a case pronto.

I only need the length.

Can somebody put a tape measure against a 7620 and pass me the number?

Please DO NOT include the strap button. Only from the bottom of the body to the top of the head.

Thanks,

-Greg.
-DaytonOhioUSA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Greetings,

I need to purchase a case for a RG7620 but don't have it available at this to measure (it's in transit (bubble wrap &cardboard)) and I need a case pronto.

I only need the length.

Can somebody put a tape measure against a 7620 and pass me the number?

Please DO NOT include the strap button. Only from the bottom of the body to the top of the head.

Thanks,

-Greg.
-DaytonOhioUSA.
I can fit mine in a RG570 case. Which is a six string.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
The Ibanez UV1000 cases from used to new are in the $65-140 range and they are all I will ever use for my RGs.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Leonardo7,

- but are they sturdy enough to hold up to airline baggage handlers??

-Greg.
I hear the UV cases are built like a tank. I've seen them shipped from one side of the world to the other. Shouldn't be a problem :)

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I can only tell you about my experiences. Ive shipped one with me with an RG7620 in it from San Francisco to Frankfurt, then to Stockholm and back with me and it suffered zero damage. And it was the same case I had used daily for 8 years. The guitar barely moves in those cases and they are made very well. Very tough cases.

backyardburial

Reaction score
If they are the same cases as what I think, they are only $129 New Zealand dollars new which seems cheap to me. Are they the same as the cases on The Ibanez site currently? Looks like they just do the plastic "prestige" cases and these Uni ones. They look the same but maybe construction is different. I need to buy two pretty soon.

bikemail

Reaction score
Yep, used UV1000c's are going for near the cost of a new one when you figure in delivery. Several on-line places have new ones for $150.US delivered.

This: GATOR CASES
The Gator Deluxe ATA Molded Universal Electric Guitar Case looks sturdier and lighter, and at $100.US delivered, is a better deal, but inside length is listed as 39.5 inches. I could probably make it work... I wish I could get my hands on one to verify that, but none of the local stores have one. gatercases.com is not helpful, and the online stores use call-centers where nobody has access to product. I wonder if somebody on this sight has one they could gimme some feedback on. Where (which forum) should I pose that question in a new post? (trying not to step out of line just yet, I'm new here.)

-Greg.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
Yep, used UV1000c's are going for near the cost of a new one when you figure in delivery. Several on-line places have new ones for $150.US delivered.

This: GATOR CASES
The Gator Deluxe ATA Molded Universal Electric Guitar Case looks sturdier and lighter, and at $100.US delivered, is a better deal, but inside length is listed as 39.5 inches. I could probably make it work... I wish I could get my hands on one to verify that, but none of the local stores have one. gatercases.com is not helpful, and the online stores use call-centers where nobody has access to product. I wonder if somebody on this sight has one they could gimme some feedback on. Where (which forum) should I pose that question in a new post? (trying not to step out of line just yet, I'm new here.)

-Greg.

i have mine in a plastic ibanez case.

bikemail

Reaction score
i have mine in a plastic ibanez case.

Oh? Are you talking about M100C? The only RG's it only lists as compatible are 6-string RG's. How sturdy is it?

I really need sturdy. I'm not a professional musician but I travel quite a bit, and want to bring my guitar. I want a case that'll be able to take baggage handler handling.

-Greg.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
Would you feel ok about giving it to the airline baggage handlers a couple times a month for the next few years? Do you think it would hold up?

-Greg.

yeah i think it would be fine. its pretty luggage like.

even if your leaving from the cincinnati airport in kentucky:scratch:

bikemail

Reaction score
I stopped in at a local shop, Centerville Music, and he has some Ibanez cases on order. I'll bring the ax into his shop for a fitting when it arrives.

-Greg.

')