Need some headstock design help. (8 string, 4x4)

• Thread starter lctdmf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SammerX

Reaction score
I think the second one would look really nice with that body shape. You could do some sort of veneer on the headstock Vik-style to make it a bit more fancy.

lctdmf

Reaction score
I think the second one would look really nice with that body shape. You could do some sort of veneer on the headstock Vik-style to make it a bit more fancy.

Vik-style? Haven't been around the boards for a long time, so I don't know what you mean by this. Care to post some examples?

But yes, there will be a veneer and possible backstrap, cut the headstock material a little bit too thin :ugh:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Can you make one with straight pull strings? Unless it's a Jackson HS, I don't like to look at any HS that isn't straight pull anymore.

Levi79

Reaction score
I think you should do a mixture of number 2 and three. Just make the point on number 2 a bit longer and sharper and it'd be perfect. It would be edgy, yet classy :yesway:

noizfx

Behold the ONI!
Reaction score
How about something similar to a Caparison Angelus headstock?
angelus-m3b_b.jpg

lctdmf

Reaction score
How about something similar to a Caparison Angelus headstock?
angelus-m3b_b.jpg
Oh that's pretty nice actually. I'll draw it up late when I get home from work. Thanks.
the second one! love the shape of the body. Those to combined create an epic combination <3
Thanks a lot dude. Thinking about cutting the body in half horizontally to chamber it/make it a semi-hollow (the body is actually one piece, thick enough for a really deep carve.)

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Personally, I like the first one that came up :D The one with that little bit at the top

lctdmf

Reaction score
Personally, I like the first one that came up :D The one with that little bit at the top

oh gosh so many conflicting opinions lol

remember: if anyone wants to they can draw their own design on the templates I provided. And I don't mind if you share them with other people for their own work. Just remember to set the ppi in photoshop to 206 when printing on 8.5"x11" paper, and it will print full scale, nut width is 55.5mm

:yesway:

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I quite like the look of offset 4x4s. The first design but offset could look really sweet.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I like the second one mostly. First one could be neat but the circular cutout's a little harsh and I think the swoop in the second fits the body better.

TankJon666

Reaction score
The one at the top definitely! The end of the headstock almost mimics the top of the body around the cutaway and shoulder. It looks the most original of the 3 designs too.

Latest posts

')