Need some help from people who can draw!!!

Domselis

Reaction score
So here's the deal. I'm building a sevenstring for myself but I'm pretty stuck at one point- the headstock. I have some ideas, but I need someone to realise them. The main one is sorta Parker-Blackmachine-Skervesen-ish with some stuff that has to do with ancient daggers (I know I know, pretty cheezy,still diggin them). Could any of you guys draw me a real-sized headstock? It would just make my life so much easier!!! I'll drop the ideas I've been working on in a few minutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Domselis

Reaction score
1601030_580741408668577_1488271322_n.jpg

Last edited:

mister V

Low frequencies obsession syndrome
Reaction score
There will be problems with tuning machines' pegs because of these forms. For laying tuning machines all-in-line you need a part of the headstock with no serious curves, "horns", "thorns", ...

Mik3D23

things
Reaction score
You could probably make that second sketch into a 4+3 design or something to that effect. Unless you specifically wanted an all-in-line style.

Domselis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys! I've made another sketch, will upload it soon. I really want it to be 7-in-line. I think that one will be better.

Domselis

Reaction score
So, here are the promised photos! I hope you guys will be able to do something about it. I want it to be a real sized headstoc, with 7 tuners in line.
1525011_582355631840488_452879239_n.jpg

:shred:

foreright

Reaction score
That's a pretty difficult shape to work with... also, scale length, string spacing at nut and bridge and neck width will affect the design and whether or not you get straight string pull... Having said that, how about this:

fyHuEUf.png

Full size PDF (A3 size) is here:

Headstock .pdf - PDF Archive

This assumes a 25.5" scale length and 48mm nut width...

Domselis

Reaction score
Thanks dude, looks totally awesome! Though my scale lenght is 27 inch. Is it possible to angle the headstock a tiny bit, so the strings would be angled too? I can't thank you enough!

foreright

Reaction score
Hey - going to 27" will not make a huge difference to the string angles / tuner positions. I would suggest you print the PDF out full size and break out the tracing paper and experiment with different angles etc. :)