Need some help here

• Thread starter TheFerryMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
I'm searching for my first 7 string, my budget is low...very very low. I don't intend to gig with this, just do some home recordings and what not. so...suggestions please?

also, Ibanez is my only D.N.W. I hate the way they feel. that and i always seem to smack my pick against the pickup which is no good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anonymous

Expect us
Reaction score
when i say cheap...I was looking at a Douglas scope model

Well, Douglas would be a good choice for new and cheap(very cheap).
And I've not heard anything bad about them myself, but I've also have never played one.
You could always look for used stuff, maybe luck on a good deal.
also check out shecter.

Schecter Guitar Research Damien 7 Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend
^Not bad at all for the price and quality.^
Dean
Dean Vendetta VNXM 7-String Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend
^A little cheaper than the Douglas actually lol^
Sucks that you hate Ibanez, I would suggest the RG7321, It has about endless possibilities when you start modding it.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
^ I agree, the Douglas Scope would be a good choice for the "very cheap" budget. Browsing ebay very frequently results in some very nice deals on guitars that are a little bit nicer. Used Schecters can be a real steal.

If you don't need the guitar now though, I think you'd be happier if you just saved up for a while and got something better.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Smack your pick on Ibanez guitars only? Lower the pickups? There's nothing special about the Ibby pickups. :scratch:

Ah well, I'd agree that Douglas would be good, as well as used Schecters.

h1mera

Reaction score
It's not a secret that world's best 7s has always been made by Ibanez. And RG7321 is a god in a guitar form for those 30 pieces of silver you can "afford" it.

If Ibanez isn't an option for you, then probably Schecter or LTD crappy models are good to go.

ratm2020

Reaction score
I have purchased both a Douglas Scope 727 and an Ibanez 7321 in the last year.

Quality wise the Douglas was fine for the price, but the Ibanez blows it away. Much thinner neck, better fret ends, far less fret buzz.

The pickups on both suck, but i got both guitars with the intent of changing them..

yellow

Banned
Reaction score
like ive preached in other threads lol, SCHECTER Damien elite 7 (FR), best deal on the production market hands down if u ask me. (wont have to swap any hardware/pickups, and u can find one for a few hundred used)

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
like ive preached in other threads lol, SCHECTER Damien elite 7 (FR), best deal on the production market hands down if u ask me. (wont have to swap any hardware/pickups, and u can find one for a few hundred used)
Getting the non FR version would be a lot cheaper, and settling for the passives of the non elite version even more. Seeing as how he is talking cheap cheap.

Oceans

Banned
Reaction score
the cheapest 7 string would probably be an agile and it runs for around 150...

tjrlogan

Reaction score
What about the Washburn WG587? They pop up on ebay once in a while for around $200 or less.

CrazyDean

Reaction score
Since you aren't going to be gigging with it, maybe you should save some money and wait. A $500 guitar is a big difference over a $200-$300 one.

')