Need some help swapping pickups

FrostedSunshine

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm new to the world of seven strings, modding and this site and I could really use some help. I recently purchased an Ibanez RG7420 (made in the year 2000) which comes with Ibanez V77 pickups. Now I swapped the magnets between the bridge and neck pickups and I am feeling quite happy with the bridge but completely turned off by the neck pickup. I am going to get a DiMarzio Liquifire 7 to put in there and leave the bridge as it is for now. I have never swapped pickups before and after looking at the wiring diagrams for both pickups I am still unsure on how I should wire the DiMarzio into the 5-way pickup selector (what coloured DiMarzio wires go to each coloured stock wire).
Thanks for taking the time to read this, any help will be greatly appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrostedSunshine

Reaction score
Hey man check dimarzio's wiring page. They have specific and general wiring for ibanez 7 strings. If not email their support team. Hope this helps!

http://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams

Thanks for the response man. I have seen the wiring for both the stock pickups and the ones I will be putting in. I have narrowed it down a little but I think that I might email DiMarzio like you suggested just to be sure, I don't want to mess around haphazardly with them and risk damaging anything.

BillCosby

Reaction score
Just follow the diagram for the RG7620. The switch positions are the same, and the colors match with dimarzio, since the pickups in the 7620 were dimarzios.

5934817c17a346ce.gif

The top pickup is the actual neck pickup, the bottom one mistakenly says "neck", as well.

')