Need some input on band rig

• Thread starter G_3_3_k_
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
So I like the option of small and light. I just acquired a Headrush which I like a lot. But I’m relying on my band mate’s amp collection for being loud enough for practice. He’s cool with it since he’s got amps to spare. However, I’m not a big fan of any of his amps.

I’d like to keep it relatively light since I have a torn right rotator cuff currently.

Option A, a couple Orange SS power amps, my 112 omega cab and a 212 closed back. Run the Headrush to the power amps. Simple. Effective. Probably the cheapest option.

Option 2, same cabs but acquire a couple EVH 5150 III 50 watt heads (or the like). Heavier. But still pretty small. Offers some simpler pedal platform options if I don’t feel like taking the modeler to a gig.

Option ▫️, half of one or the other of the above amp solutions blended with a bass rig. Could potentially be the lightest weight option since there are some bass amps that are very light, and lots of neo bass cabs out there. Potentially even more versatile since I could also get a bass and pick up bass gigs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kosthrash

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A PRS MT15 with your cab will be small footprint, lightweight & loud... Has fx loop return for the Headrush too.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
A PRS MT15 with your cab will be small footprint, lightweight & loud... Has fx loop return for the Headrush too.

I’m gonna need to compete with a guitar player with a Rockerverb and a Verellen, and a bass Player with an SVT and 810. Proggy post metal stuff. Kinda like Isis, and Cult of Luna. And I like really pristine cleans.

Last edited:
')