Need some input on band rig

• Thread starter G_3_3_k_
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
I’d suggest the EVH head AND a small power amp and 2x12.

This would give you a pretty modular rig that you could use in any situation you run into as well as a backup rig. Head fails, ya still have the Headrush/power amp, Headrush/power amp fails you still got the head. And if you have to go silent you could always go direct with the Headrush.

Not a bad idea. I’ll take that into consideration. I do have a recent wrench that’s kinda come up since I posted this. My daughter has decided she wants to take up the guitar.

Personally, if the goal is lightweight, I wouldn't put a tube amp into the mix unless you want the character or gain to come from the amp. For that budget, if all you need is clean power between a modeller and some cabs, you could easily grab something like the PS700 or the Crown that was mentioned and have plenty of power for any situation.

Yeah, I’ve even thought about doing a fryette 2x50. Kinda like the idea of having some studio use amps to mic up as well. Part of it being, I’d like something to set up and leave at the rehearsal spot, and a similar thing at home. Don’t want to necessarily move the Headrush every time I have practice either. It’s not exactly light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
To be clear, when we say Headrush, are we talking a pedal? I don't imagine a pedal modeller is usually heavier than a tube amp head, unless it's a very light tube amp or a very heavy pedal.

I've been doing the FM3 + PowerStage for a while for exactly that reason: it's much lighter and easier to carry than an amp head. I can just throw it in a backback and leave.

')