Need some opinions on original mix. (Melodic metal)

• Thread starter kylendm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noxon

Is a Lurker
Reaction score
Well, of the 15 seconds or so that you posted, it sounds pretty good to me. It is hard to really dive into a clip that short. What was there was nice work.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Thanks man. It's almost done, I just wanted to see if anyone had any pointers anywhere

kaaka

Reaction score
Sounds good, but a little more would have benn great as mentioned above. I am an advocate of loud vocals but, they might have been slightly too loud. But that's nitpicking.

Chris_ONiP

Reaction score

Dude that tone is massive! I love how well compressed you have this mix without any bad frequencies coming through, everything is where it should be. This is a completely professional sounding mix I really can't fault anything with it aside from subjective things that are just my personal taste.

I'd love to get inside your DAW and see your process for mixing and mastering :p

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Thanks man! As far as mastering goes all I have is two 1176s compressing one minimal and the other pushing a little harder. Using ozone to get the volume anda ccouple saturation plugins to mesh the mix a little better. Really gotta work on the vocals. They still aren't sitting right.

Noctiluca

Reaction score
It sounds good, the only things I'd change would be:

The vocals: present, but they lack the same punch everything else has.

The drums: there is something "boomy" about the drums I don't like.

(Yeah, I can't speak technically :/)

Last edited:
')