Need your opinion on this deal..

• Thread starter badbach66
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

badbach66

Reaction score
Hi! I've just recently been offered an Ibanez 7620 for my Carvin DC747. I've put up the Carvin for trade because, after a year or so of owning it, I've come to the conclusion that while it's a nice guitar, it isn't really isn't for me. Maybe it's the frets, or the neck profile..My Carvin has abalone inlays, sperzel locking tuners, stock Carvin pups, licensed trem, plus a coil-tap switch. I'd value it at below $1000 bnew(not sure of the exact amount, just got this from a trade also for my Schecter Elite 007). You can view the Ibanez here:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/34046-my-modded-rg7620-and-rg7420.html

So, what do you guys think? Personally I think the Ibby is sexy as hell. I just want a good deal,in value, etc. Should I go with it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
If it's THAT exact 7620...

I dunno. I would probably go for it myself.

badbach66

Reaction score
Yup, that's exactly it. it's missing a trembar, however the owner has offered to add some cash (approx. $100) to even the deal.

Reaction score
Looks like. I would still take it though, personally.

EDIT: Granted, I guess those pics ARE kinda old.

Personally speaking, i wouldnt take it; but that's just because i really hate yellow :lol:

But i guess he's getting some cash as well so if he likes yellow he should go for it!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hell no dude. A custom neck-thru guitar w/ an ebony board and real abalone inlays for an RG7620? That's a serious step down if you ask me. If you're trading that, you should at least get some cash back in return, like $300.

Then again, it does look nicer with yellow and a maple board, but it's still going to sound the same. It's up to you man, I'd just try to get some cash back as well.

badbach66

Reaction score
The pickups have been replaced with seymour duncans, forgot the model. Zimbloth has a point, though, it does seem like a step down from the Carvin..

trippled

Reaction score
The carvin suppouse to be much more well made,
and the woods quality will be also better.
The 7620 also will sell for much less than your carvin.

')