Neko Guitars contact problems

rocky0

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I haven't posted here before but been lurking here for years now. So how many of you guys have had business with Neko Guitars? In late november - early december he went on selling a few b-stock Claymores. I managed to get a 7-string for me for around 425€. But there is a big BUT! Since I bought the guitar (via paypal thank god) he first said that the factory is so busy that they don't have time to snap a pic of the actual guitar for me. I kinda assured to myself that he is not gonna screw me though since I read a lot of positive messages of the company around the net.

Then he said that the guitar will probably be shipped around Jan 2017. And after I asked him actively every now and then that when the guitar will be shipped to me. After a while when I asked in January that what's up he then said that it will be shipped to me early feb, the first week of feb to be exact. So now we live almost in the 3rd week of feb right. I asked then him a week ago that is it already shipped and all. He just saw my messages and didn't answer. Then I asked him about it again a few days later... Still no answer. Then I got frustrated and asked him to give me at least a short reply yesterday. And AGAIN seenzoned and no answer to be heard.

Does anyone else have such problems with the company...? I read on the fb page that his wife was delivering a baby few weeks ago so there's that. Still I'd expect him to give at least a short reply.

Unless the guitar magically arrives for me in a few weeks I'll be happy. I'm starting to feel though that he screwed me around.

Sorry for the lengthy post and bad english.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rocky0

Reaction score

I guess I'll have to do that soon unless it magically appears from somewhere assuring that the guitar is indeed on the way or something. I'm just curious if anyone else had any problems with Neko Guitars recently? I've seen mostly good comments of their guitars generally. :scream:

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
If it does show up on your doorstep magically, you can always send him money. :shrug:

rocky0

Reaction score
Finally the guy from Neko responded. He said that the engineer he uses stopped talking to him. He's gonna fly out and see what's going on. I hope that he is telling the truth. Sucks to be the middle guy if he is.

DarthV

Reaction score
Finally the guy from Neko responded. He said that the engineer he uses stopped talking to him. He's gonna fly out and see what's going on. I hope that he is telling the truth. Sucks to be the middle guy if he is.

He's stalling for time. Who's going to fly anywhere to check on the status of a 425 euro guitar?

Work with Paypal & your CC company to get a refund ASAP.

oracles

Reaction score
Initiate the refund process immediately. Not only is he scamming you, but even if you received the instrument at all, the postage is worth more than the guitar itself. Neko's are 100% garbage.

downburst82

Reaction score
Yup get yourself a refund as soon as possible! You have given them more than enough time to give you the item you payed for.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Looking at the most recent FB posts from Neko, I'd say there's a good chance your guitar isn't coming since it's an 'EVERYTHING MUST GO' affair with sales.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
Yeah get the refund NOW! With that money there are lother guitars to choose from and they will probably be better and you will be served better.

downburst82

Reaction score

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm gonna jump in and say get a refund. We've seen things go this way time and time again, and it won't end well. Once the dispute has started, he can stop it by sending you the guitar. But if you don't at least START it, you may miss your window of opportunity.

Jeffbro

Banned
Reaction score
can't vouch for their business but I had a quilt top hydra 7 (their more expensive model) and it was straight junk

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Brand new company comes in, does a cash grab, and then ditches with the money, never to be heard from again. We've seen it before, gents. Only slight difference with Neko is that the cash grab consisted of a few runs of dirt-cheap Chinese-made guitars as opposed to one big run and the guy behind the company getting in over his head.

rocky0

Reaction score
So it seems definitely to be the right thing to do to get a refund. Since all of you say his guitars are garbage. I issued the refund last night to him. Lets see if he will accept it.