NELD ( new electric lute day!)

• Thread starter emguitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

emguitars

Reaction score
P1030571.jpg
[/IMG]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

emguitars

Reaction score
So, I just finished this one, it's been an on again, off again project for some time.Mahogany neck and body, cocobolo fretboard and bridge. 24" scale length,vintage style tuning pegs, walnut stain with tung oil finish.Highlander under saddle pickup, with a Fishman preamp. Been a fun project, and I'm going to continue experimenting with string gauges and tunings.Right now it's strung with La Bella hard tension flamenco strings, and tuned to standard tuning, but I think I'm going to try a lighter gauge set and tune it to a high G.(lute tuning)What do you all think?
P1030577.jpg
[/IMG]

splinter8451

Reaction score
Holy bajeezus. :holy:

That thing is awesome, I love Lutes.

Did you leave space up there on the headstock to double the strings or is that just for looks?

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Wow!! That is intense...been a long time since I've heard a traditional lute, but an electric...that's just..wow!

emguitars

Reaction score
Did you leave space up there on the headstock to double the strings or is that just for looks?[/QUOTE said:
Pretty much just an aesthetic thing. Glad you like it!
P1030572.jpg
[/IMG]

Guitarwiz2k

Prog Metal /Jazz Fusion
Reaction score
So, I just finished this one, it's been an on again, off again project for some time.Mahogany neck and body, cocobolo fretboard and bridge. 24" scale length,vintage style tuning pegs, walnut stain with tung oil finish.Highlander under saddle pickup, with a Fishman preamp. Been a fun project, and I'm going to continue experimenting with string gauges and tunings.Right now it's strung with La Bella hard tension flamenco strings, and tuned to standard tuning, but I think I'm going to try a lighter gauge set and tune it to a high G.(lute tuning)What do you all think?
P1030577.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't get excited about much, but this is some beautiful and quality work. I'd love to see it in a test video when you get some time. I especially love the detailed lines on the body, where you took the time to give it that extra touch of care. Beautiful work...

UnderTheSign

Reaction score
If I didn't already have a new guitar in the mill I'd be all over your inbox for one of those. I've been looking into a lute for a while now and this sure is killer.

Vids would be great! Even if it's just 3 chords or whatever, I'm curious to see how this sounds and looks while being played.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Ok, im nominating this for LOTM!
Amazing piece of craftsmanship dude. Really, REALLY great job.

The only thing I dont like is... I read cocobolo, and immediately felt the urge to sneeze :lol: (I'll be damned if I ever work with that thing again)

fuzzboy

Reaction score
Whoa. Very, very cool.:bowdown: I'd love to hear it in a vid, because I'm sure you could hear the effort that's obviously been put into it.

Latest posts

')