Nergal back in the hospital

Goatchrist

Reaction score
:( Sad, really sad.
I hope it's nothing big, just a infected scar or something... get well soon Nergal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I disapprove of this turn of events.

Hope he's okay. Behemoth is one of the only Death style bands I like.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Damn it was really hoping he would make a speedy recovery after the operation :(

SD83

Reaction score
I really hope he gets well soon... from what I've heard & seen he seems to be a cool guy, and Behemoth are obvisously awesome. I'd really like to see them live... 2012, maybe?

ArrowHead

Reaction score
I don't post here often, but I thought I'd just chime in because it seems that the term "infections" does not really convey the seriousness here. My Uncle is currently in the hospital dying, this same situation. He received a marrow transplant, was doing GREAT, caught a cold and is now likely going to die.

When receiving a transplant, patients are given drugs that SHUT DOWN the immune system. Otherwise those same bits in our bodies that fight off infection and illness would take on the task of killing all that nice new marrow, since it is just another foreign entity as far as your body is concerned.

With this weakening of the immune system, a cold can kill you. An infection can kill you. It's not just a safety precaution, he's back in the hospital because this is a grave and life threatening complication. As someone already said, this is where the vast majority of people undergoing treatment don't make it through.

I don't want to doom and gloom, but I saw a comment or two like "hopefully it's just a little infection and he'll be okay" and wanted people to understand just how SERIOUS an infection is to a transplant recipient. With no immune system, the body just can't fight it, making it WAY more serious than it would be to you or I.

SD83

Reaction score
I don't post here often, but I thought I'd just chime in because it seems that the term "infections" does not really convey the seriousness here. My Uncle is currently in the hospital dying, this same situation. He received a marrow transplant, was doing GREAT, caught a cold and is now likely going to die.

When receiving a transplant, patients are given drugs that SHUT DOWN the immune system. Otherwise those same bits in our bodies that fight off infection and illness would take on the task of killing all that nice new marrow, since it is just another foreign entity as far as your body is concerned.

With this weakening of the immune system, a cold can kill you. An infection can kill you. It's not just a safety precaution, he's back in the hospital because this is a grave and life threatening complication. As someone already said, this is where the vast majority of people undergoing treatment don't make it through.

I don't want to doom and gloom, but I saw a comment or two like "hopefully it's just a little infection and he'll be okay" and wanted people to understand just how SERIOUS an infection is to a transplant recipient. With no immune system, the body just can't fight it, making it WAY more serious than it would be to you or I.
Sad thing is that I guess a lot of us had relatives/friends in that situation. And most of us, and that might be some subconscious-thing, will still say "hey, it's just a cold, you ain't gonna die from a cold, are you?". The only thing that we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

Latest posts

')