Nergal "seriously ill"

• Thread starter King Ian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

King Ian

Reaction score
MetalSucks Blog Archive NERGAL IS “SERIOUSLY ILL,” CANCELS ALL BEHEMOTH DATES

Metalsucks said:
The metal world has taken some serious hits this year health-wise. Peter Steele, Ronnie James Dio, Debbie Abono… and while Behemoth frontman Adam “Nergal” Darski’s diagnosis certainly isn’t death, it certainly isn’t good.
Nergal is “seriously ill and waiting for [his] multi-stage treatment,” and as such all planned tour dates including the upcoming MS-sponsored U.S. trek with Watain, Withered and Black Anvil have been canceled, according to an official message from Nergal himself:

Nergal said:
I do not want to bore you with details, but I can no longer hide the fact that I am seriously ill and waiting for my multi-stage treatment, which can take up to several months. Thus, we have not choice but to cancel the coming summer festivals, planned for September and October tour of Russia and the Baltic States and the November tour of the USA. I’ve got a rather difficult period, and a lot of work but I became hardened in the fire, is not it? You know me, so that you know that out of this I will become stronger than ever. We will then rebook all the concerts and return with greater momentum. At this time, I feel good, my head is ready to fight the disease, everything is under the control of professionals. I have with me the most wonderful and loving woman, family, team, managers and people from publishing companies who are doing everything to support me. I do ask of you just a little bit of patience. I would add that the fact that in the near future we will not be touring but will not be in hibernation. We have a lot to offer you in the coming months, Behemoth will be working on many other fronts. In coming days expect release of our latest clip “Alas, Lord Is Upon Me.” Ensures that this is the most perfect, the most provocative and stimulating I have ever made a picture. In addition, we will finish work on the DVD release “Evangelia Heretika” which will be released in November of this year. We will keep you informed about what is happening in our camp. Horns Up!”

Whatever it is sounds really terrible and there are only a small handful of things it could possibly be, all of them bad. We’ll update you with more details as we have them available.
There’s not much else to say other than that this really, really sucks. While we don’t personally know Nergal the man, we intimately know Nergal the musician and hope he can get back to blackening our metallic souls as soon as possible. Speedy recovery to Nergal and best wishes to him and his family on behalf of everyone at MS.

:( I love Behemoth. Hopefully we actually get to hear what's wrong with him.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what the disease is. Hope he holds true to his word, though, and comes back better than ever.

I'm not sure what a "Better" Behemoth would sound like, though. The thought scares me.

King Ian

Reaction score
I wonder what the disease is. Hope he holds true to his word, though, and comes back better than ever.

I'm not sure what a "Better" Behemoth would sound like, though. The thought scares me.

I don't think "holding true to his word" is really up to him... haha.

Arterial

Dreamer
Reaction score
im not the biggest behemoth fan either, but i do hope he gets better, the last thing the metal world needs is another person dead (even though hes not gonna die).

and when they said better than before, it means theyre GONNA SMILE ON STAGE!!!

Zulphur

Reaction score
Totally, cancer is like the only disease along with aids that you wont even write about it on an interview . Im new to behemot , and i truly admire those guys now. All my best wishes to Nergal for sure.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
If nergal has cancer he will be really bitter and may write a song about it. I hope he lives a long life.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Damn, this sucks, I hope he gets better and can continue with music, bummed that I won't get to see them in October with Watain.

Get well Nergal!

Reaction score
Fuck this he better not die. Ill rekill him in hell then send him back up here to finish his business.
Get well Nergal!

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
sounds like cancer

I thought the same thing. The way he was avoiding talking about makes it seem like he has some form of lesser cancer. It's probably something that can be removed and then low lever chemo administered. No matter, it's still nothing to take lightly. Plenty of people have died from prostate/colon/skin cancer.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Now he knows that ours is a vengeful God. :squint:

Kidding, of course. I do wish him a speedy recover. Cancer is no walk in the park, even the lesser forms.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
My best wishes to Nergal. I am a huge Behemoth fan.

boni

Reaction score
Behemoth is fucking amazing. Get well Nergal, you can eat your disease for breakfest.

')