NERGD: My Agile is home (finally)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
All Intrepids have had dual truss rods from day 1.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
From last September:
IMG_1385.jpg

The Pro has its truss rod cover removed, and you can see the dual truss rod channels. Note that they're not properly centred. I've since taken the truss rod cover off my Standard as well, and it also has two truss rods, but they're centred as they should be.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I forgot about the truss rod issue on the Pro models. The rods on this custom are perfect, though, so hopefully that can be taken as a sign that future runs will have this problem fixed, though it may just be because it's a custom and got some extra attention.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, the off-centre truss rods were flagged as an issue to Kurt, so they've probably made sure that they're being done correctly now. My Standard's truss rods were perfect, so i don't know WTF was up with those Pros... My Standard seemed better-built overall than the Pro.

It's still disappointing to see that many custom orders have been wrong, and yet people are still clamouring for the Agile custom shop to open up for orders again. I don't get it.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
I've to remove the truss rod cover of mine and see if it has the same problem. To be honest I have saw that picture more than once, and never repaired in the dual truss rod, and off course never saw that two channels uncentred. such a asshole.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
It's still disappointing to see that many custom orders have been wrong, and yet people are still clamouring for the Agile custom shop to open up for orders again. I don't get it.

While I like mine and got an OK deal out of it, I agree with you. I don't think I'll ever deal with Rondo again unless it's for something very standard.

thesimo

Reaction score
hmm, every time i see an agile it makes me want one less and less. If they cant center a bridge/put a neck on straight/get truss rods in the middle, how the heck can u trust them to get 24 frets on an 8 string neck precisely?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
There seems to be quite a bit of variation... some guitars come out nearly perfect (like my Intrepid Standard, bridge scratches aside) and others look amazing at first glance, but upon further inspection, they have a whole lot of niggly little flaws in the details (like my Intrepid Pro) that remind you that you're playing a (typically) sub-$500 made-in-Korea instrument. I suspect they must have different teams in the factory, and some of them are just better than others. Add to that the fact that the factory is halfway around the world, and that there's probably a bit of a language barrier, and that complicates things further.

What is really starting to bug me is that Rondo is starting to ship stuff without even looking at it to make sure it's what the customer ordered, whether it's a production instrument or a custom.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My point exactly. There's no excuse for a customer not getting what they ordered.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll add to that, that Kurt told me they checked the scale length and confirmed it was 30" scale, I then had to mail back and forth with Kurt to prove him it wasn't the case and get the costly option (200$) refund (he never asked for proof tho, which is a good point on his part). I know I'm paying for a somewhat cheap guitar but this is not good practice in my book... I think they should stick with production models as the QC is easier, even if the custom shop is a nice option when it turns out good.
Still I'm very happy with the guitar I got, it'll just be harder to get the low E I want from it (and I can't even up the low string gauge as I'm already max on the intonation saddle :( )

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I just made myself a Meshuggah style preset with Gearbox, boost + EQ and Big Bottom sounds so close I suspect that's what they are using (were using lol). Still learning closed eye visuals, far harder than it seems to be (like always with them argg!) but the guitar kicks ass, even with the damn EMG.
I love the lack of veneer on the headstock with the truss rod cover removed, all the friends I showed it to agree with that :D
On a side note, I love the chunky flat neck, it's very comfortable even after hours of playing.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
funny, the closed eye visuals was my first and unique guitar cover I made from meshuggah. Thats a "simple" song, after you realize some tricky parts, but is very nice to play and cool to headbanging!

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
This thread has made me slightly happier that I bought my Schecter C-8. I would still love an Intrepid but if some quality is compromised on random guitars mabey I will wait longer than I wanted to get one. Im sure they will iron out the flaws over time.

')