Neural DSP - ARCHETYPE : NOLLY

Doug Castro

Reaction score
Hi

I need help, I'm use a apogee ensemble thunderbolt and not problem with archetype plug neural, but with nolly I can't listening anything. I have signal in apogee, but nolly look disconnect, not signal

Anyone can help?

Thanks

Hi! please make sure you download the latest version 1.0.1: https://neuraldsp.com/downloads/

If the problem persists, my ninjas at support@neuraldsp.com will get you running in no time.

Kind regards,
D.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
Just curious on which interface , OS and monitor you guys are running when going full software ..

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
In my case, I'm using the cheapo Lexicon Alpha interface with gaming PC, 3.4ghz i5, 16gbs ddr4 RAM and some iiyama 24" monitor (or M Audio M42 monitors if that's what you're reffering to).

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
In my case, I'm using the cheapo Lexicon Alpha interface with gaming PC, 3.4ghz i5, 16gbs ddr4 RAM and some iiyama 24" monitor (or M Audio M42 monitors if that's what you're reffering to).

Thanks Chug. That is exactly what I was referring to.. excluding the visual monitor :)

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Just curious on which interface , OS and monitor you guys are running when going full software ..

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd gen), W7, Beyerdynamic DT770.

PC specs (or at least all that matters, lol):
-Intel i5-2500K
-16GB DDR3 RAM

I really want to upgrade my shit. I built this pc back in 2011 so using it is like playing russian roulette. I'm just nervously waiting for the day it suddenly dies on me. I don't mind the Scarlett, it's decent enough, might get a DI box down the road. I really want to get monitors but for the moment I can get a pretty good idea how my mixes sound when I'm listening to them on my stereo system from like 2006. The biggest problem with using just headphones is the low end, especially with the Beyerdynamics since they're pretty flat.

Also, @Doug Castro

I got an email from you saying that my trial on the Nolly plugin is about to end. Even though I pre-ordered it. Shouldn't be a problem because I've bought the plugin but still a bit weird...

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd gen), W7, Beyerdynamic DT770.

PC specs (or at least all that matters, lol):
-Intel i5-2500K
-16GB DDR3 RAM
Heh, I have the same processor, RAM and headphones.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I have the Nameless suite already.... should I pull the trigger on Nolly or Plini?
Why not just do the trial and decide for yourself? It's very different from the Nameless. If I had to choose between Nolly and Plini it would be Nolly all day. It's by far their best plugin because of how versatile it is. Most of the other ones are one trick ponies.

Mullet

Reaction score
Why not just do the trial and decide for yourself? It's very different from the Nameless. If I had to choose between Nolly and Plini it would be Nolly all day. It's by far their best plugin because of how versatile it is. Most of the other ones are one trick ponies.

That’s a good shout @Albake21 will have a crack this weekend. Nameless does most of what I need for down tuned 7 string stuff. Was looking for something that can do cleans... hope you’re well bud.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That’s a good shout @Albake21 will have a crack this weekend. Nameless does most of what I need for down tuned 7 string stuff. Was looking for something that can do cleans... hope you’re well bud.
If you're only looking for cleans then Plini might be the better option, but that's not to say the Nolly one doesn't have amazing cleans. I guess just give them both a good trial run and figure out which one you need. I'm just very biased with the Nolly one at this point since it has everything I personally need/want in one package. The Plini one was really nice, but only if you like Plini's sound. You can't really do too much else with it. Good luck!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
So far, I've demo'ed the Nolly, Nameless, and Plini, and the most useful overall to me is the Nolly. Nameless is amp + comp/disto boxes only, no reverb/delay. The Plini has some wonderful cleans, and some very beautiful atmospheric delay/reverb driven tones, really nice leads, but it is not intended for aggressive music as the Nolly is. The Nolly serves the hard rock/metal/djent genre well, while also making itself useful to other genre's just by dialing back the gain.

I just finished recording everything but vocals on a song and I did not use any eq/comp from any additional plugins within Pro Tools. The tones that I'll post soon have all the guitar tones direct from the plugin, and if any of the eq treatment was provided, it was done from within the Nolly plugin as part of the preset that I created. Even that was very subtle, most of what I accomplished to get the tones to sit in the mix were done by simple knob tweaks on the amp and maybe the drive box in front of it in the preset.

NosralTserrof

Reaction score
Just bought it a few days ago. The 5150 sim is my favorite 5150 sim I've played through.

Amp #2 also gets some sick melodic hardcore tones in the vein of Rise Against, and a really convincing Green Day tone.

It's super inspiring to play through, tbh.

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this plugin. This feels like a huge upgrade for me, as I have been using a POD HD for the past few years. Mostly using the 5150 sim but the other amps sound great too, even without 3rd part IRs. One thing I noticed though, during playback the very beginning of the track (~.1 seconds) will kind of fade unless the marker is behind the take. I noticed the same thing with the Nameless, but I've also been using the Parallax for bass and haven't had that issue. This is in Reaper, 44.1kHz 24bit. Anyone else had a similar issue? It's not a deal breaker, but it is kind of annoying.

Anyway, here's a short demo I did with it: https://soundcloud.com/chukwu-uduka/amos

Doug Castro

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this plugin. This feels like a huge upgrade for me, as I have been using a POD HD for the past few years. Mostly using the 5150 sim but the other amps sound great too, even without 3rd part IRs. One thing I noticed though, during playback the very beginning of the track (~.1 seconds) will kind of fade unless the marker is behind the take. I noticed the same thing with the Nameless, but I've also been using the Parallax for bass and haven't had that issue. This is in Reaper, 44.1kHz 24bit. Anyone else had a similar issue? It's not a deal breaker, but it is kind of annoying.

Anyway, here's a short demo I did with it: https://soundcloud.com/chukwu-uduka/amos

Thanks for the kind words.

Did you reach out to support@neuraldsp.com?

Kind regards,
D.

Reaction score
They only started teasing this one recently. I know a lot of guys were looking for a Nolly Amp Suite from a few companies so its no surprise Neural DSP made one.

https://neuraldsp.com/products/archetype-nolly/

Audio clip sounds great but it is Nolly. Having a hi-gain rhythm amp and a hi-gain lead amp is something I wish more companies would do. Two overdrives is another one. On paper this plugin ticks a lot of boxes for me. Demo should be available next week when its released to find out.

What exactly is the product? Like where/what is the item they are selling?

')