Neural DSP - ARCHETYPE : NOLLY

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
How the boosted 5150 style amp tone, anyone try it?

Its fuck yeah awesome

This plugin really nails the 5150, especially the low end. The master volume is also super realistic, where the tightest sound is around 3-4, and anything beyond that gets fuzzier and looser. I’m using the classic ‘Sneap 5150’ settings and it sounds amazing.

Responds really well to boosting too.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Archetype Nolly has the best 5150 tone vs any other modeler/plugin out there. Feels and sounds so realistic!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Nolly & the STL/Will Putney are the only sims out there that come close to a real 5150, regardless of the Peavey or FMIC/EVH versions. The old POD Farm does ok, but even the HD500X doesn't even come close.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Me every time I try one of these plugins I see in a video: sounds just like my shitty POD I had in 2006. FeelsBadMan.

fgmirra

Reaction score
Archetype: Nolly 2.0.0 is now available!⁠
https://neuraldsp.com/pages/downloads

Great changes :)

macOS users: Read important information below regarding AU formats before updating.⁠
CHANGELOG⁠
### Added⁠
- BUILT-IN TUNER is now available in all versions, plugin and standalone.⁠
- All versions received MIDI SUPPORT. Now you can assign MIDI commands to control plug-in parameters, UI components, and presets files.⁠
- New preset files.⁠
### Changed⁠
- The noise gate was updated with adaptive release.⁠
- New high-resolution renders for all elements on the screen.⁠
- CPU usage improvements.⁠
- STEREO MODE: Stereo Switch pans the microphones internally as dual instance.⁠
### Fixed⁠
- Crashes during bounces in Logic Pro X & Cubase.⁠
- GarageBand compatibility.⁠
- Reverb and Compressor settings don’t recall between sessions.⁠
- “Fading Out” signal bug.⁠
- Multiple bugs are now fixed to improve stability, graphic performance, and audio issues.⁠

:warning: Important information regarding AU (Audio Unit) formats: :warning:⁠
Version 2.0.0 of Archetype: Nolly is recognised as a new plugin by any programs using the AU (Audio Unit) version of the plugin. This means that your sessions will not recognise the updated version, and you will receive an error like "The Audio Unit Archetype: Nolly does not exist". You can replace the missing instances with Archetype: Nolly 2.0.0, but your settings won't be recalled.⁠

Please be aware of this before you update, and make every effort to preserve your sessions and settings. You can save all your settings as presets before you update, and then load them in the new version of the plugin after updating.⁠

This issue occurs because version 2.0.0 introduces MIDI capabilities, and this results in the AU format of the plugin being recognised as a different type of audio effect. Other plugin formats are unaffected by this issue.⁠
Not sure which plugin format you're using? AU formats are used by DAWs running on macOS computers

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
Updated. Got excited seeing a 'Metronome' like image at the bottom of the AU page but it turned out to be tempo sync.

Could someone please elaborate on what 'Tempo Sync' does ? I am new to this.

And, it would have been nice to see an actual metronome in the AU.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Updated. Got excited seeing a 'Metronome' like image at the bottom of the AU page but it turned out to be tempo sync.

Could someone please elaborate on what 'Tempo Sync' does ? I am new to this.

And, it would have been nice to see an actual metronome in the AU.

For the inbuilt delay pedals. It will sync the delay timing with your project tempo (if the plugin in loaded inside a DAW)

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Finally having a tuner and midi features is great. Now I can program preset changes to either my little desktop keyboard or Morningstar controller.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
oooooh he still has the ol' quilt B2! but it has giant pickup rings now..?
Yeah he made a post on his IG about correcting the pickup positions. I think it was to move the bridge pickup either close or further from the bridge. Was it worth ruining the look of the guitar with really ugly pickup rings? In my opinion, probably not.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
He wasn’t happy with the tone because the bridge pickup was further away from the bridge than usual. He said he tried everything so the last option was to move it 1-2mm closer to the bridge. A little extreme but if you are at that level of tone chasing where you have tried the entire BKP range and dismantle + rebuild amps, pedals, cabs etc then I’m sure you know what you’re doing. Lasse Lammert says he doesn’t like BMs for this reason.

')