"Neutral Air" New Song!!! Tell me what you think!

• Thread starter MakewayforMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
Hey guys, here is my new song "Neutral Air". Special thanks to Alex Wade from WC for the AWESOME tip of using parallel drum compression with SD 2.0! I'm not 100% completely satisfied with the mix, but it sounds MUCH better than it did before I started using this technique. It will also sound much better once I get my Axe FX and stop using this POD X3 :) Let me know your thoughts!

Neutral Air by MakeWayForMan on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If you like what you hear check out:

Make Way For Man (NEW SONG UP NOW!!!) on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thanks for listening!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a1a2a3a4

Banned
Reaction score
Could you possibly make a tutorial on how to make a parallel drum compression? Or is there around I could follow? Your drums sound fucking awesome. The guitars sound pretty damn good too. I wish I could hear the ambient guitar in the background a little bit better on the heavier parts. Just a thought.

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
The song idea sounds cool, but for my speakers I'm not getting like ANY bass from anywhere

StuGe

Reaction score
awesome track! :yesway:
really liked the majority of it.
I'm quite inexperienced at commenting on mixes, but here is what i gathered about yours anyway;

-the guitars could have been a bit louder, the drums seemed to overpower them a bit.
-the snare on the kit seemed a bit bland imho. i personally wouldn't know how to improve it, but i'm sure someone else can chime in on that.
-the majority of the mix could use a little more low-end (might just be me, but what are you using to listen to your mixes? and is there any bass guitar in this?)

i'm looking forward to hearing how you improve on this.

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
Could you possibly make a tutorial on how to make a parallel drum compression? Or is there around I could follow? Your drums sound fucking awesome. The guitars sound pretty damn good too. I wish I could hear the ambient guitar in the background a little bit better on the heavier parts. Just a thought.

Unfortunately I'm prob not the best person to ask as this is literally my first attempt haha! But I can tell you that if you google "parallel drum compression" you will find out how, promise! It is definitely how I will be approaching my drum mixes moving forward. Eventually I'll get it. Thanks for the kind words brother!

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
Yes, I agree the bass in the mix is a tad low. I will be bumping it up in the coming mixes. I ran my custom Carvin 5 through my POD X3 with a combo of inputs and it was way too overpowering at first. It seems as though I've overcompensated a bit as a result. Finding a low end tone that I'm happy with in the mix is my biggest challenge right now...

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
I really hate to revive this old ass thread but I've uploaded a remixed version to soundcloud. In this version I boosted the bass a bit and took the drums down in the mix. I also added a multiband compressor to the master channel, then a little bit of high end eq to the master track after mix down. It did this more or less just to play around with some new mastering techniques. Let me know what you guys think!

Neutral Air remixed! by MakeWayForMan on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

')