Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy video teaser #1 (music/artwork content!)

• Thread starter MB40
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
You don't hear the build into the 16th note double bass as the whammy harmonic going up in pitch begins..... which goes into the solo thing with the same rhythmic feel as in Needled 24/7? If anything is similar I'm saying that it's the structure of that. Don't know how you can not hear that.

I believe that there was a time where all metal bands were required by law to have a song where there would be an intro with double-picked or galloped guitars like that and to then have a long, exaggerated whammy bend once the drums kicked-in.

A valid substitute is having the vocalist scream. This song has both:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about posting a thread but figured most people saw it already so i just threw a link the "what are you listening to"-thread.

Anyways, the sample does sound pretty promising! The release date can't come soon enough.

Reaction score
I are not the biggest nevermore fan (singing kills me almost everytime idk why) but holy hell that vid makes me want this album right fucking now.
also loomis kicks ass 24/7

Reaction score
The album cover wasn't really bad, but it made me laugh. lol

The song that was playing was fucking kick ass! I can't wait to pick that album up.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Did anyone read these 2 comments on the youtube vid? I was cracking up for about half an hour :lol::lol::lol:

XdoctorbutcherX: "Loomis just created/destroyed my second butthole"

blackpoopshadowfear: "loomis fucks my ass"

:rofl:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
You don't hear the build into the 16th note double bass as the whammy harmonic going up in pitch begins..... which goes into the solo thing with the same rhythmic feel as in Needled 24/7? If anything is similar I'm saying that it's the structure of that. Don't know how you can not hear that.

You could say the same thing about Arch Enemy's Nemisis.

This beats both of them easily, though.

Edika

Reaction score
I love Nevermore but I was kind of disappointed by their last two albums. I am still listening to Politics of Ecstasy and Dreaming Neon Black from time to time. I let some time pass and then listen to these albums over and over again until I can't listen to them anymore and to this process again and again. But when I put This Godless Endeavor and Enemies of Reality I can't even listen to the whole record. Even though this album has all the ingredients to be great (Excellent technique and performance by all members, heavy sound, very heavy riffs) the magic just isn't there (for me at least).

I just hope the new album is musically in the same spirit as POS and DNB and it will be an instant classic!! :hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

avenger

Reaction score
Holy shit! Has this leaked, I will be buying the SECOND it comes out but if I can hear it before hand... fuck yeah.

Hollowman

Reaction score
Sounds great and I'm so excited for this release.. I love everything Loomis/Nevermore have done.. but doesn't this sound a bit too much like "Needled 24/7" by Children of Bodom?

There's a Vader song that sounds like that structure wise. I just can't think of which one though maybe, I will later. :wallbash:

')