Nevermore, Wintersun, and Necrophagist.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
I thought it was a tour as well but probs would have been US only so i would have been disappointed >.< LOL

Wintersun backed out of all their festival slots last year because of recording and the album still isnt done ~_~

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nights_Blood

Fire and Brimstone
Reaction score
As people have said on the Wintersun forum, I would at least like to see Kai or Jari come out with another update, even if just to say it won't be coming out this year. Their forum is hardly even active anymore because people are so tired of waiting in the dark.

Tha being said, a lot of people, including myself, have pretty big expectations for Wintersun. Personally, I think that the first album was a monumental acheivement, and the second album would have to be nothing short of amazing to best it - which i'm sure it will, but it will take time.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Nevermore's new one is scheduled for April 1st.

I'm glad they haven't put out any singles, I'd rather get a concept album to digest in one shot.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
New nevermore soon. Wintersun was so generic sounding to me, that i couldnt care less for a second one, and i'll be interested to hear necrophagist's new one, but we have obscura to hold us over.

Krullnar

Reaction score
Wintersun was so generic sounding to me

If Wintersun sounded generic, it should be easy to name one album that sounds like it.

I believe Jari injured his vocal chords some time ago, so there's that as well on the list of problems they've had to deal with.

Doomcreeper

Whitechapel
Reaction score
These are all albums I'm really excited to hear, I'm sure the new Nevermore will be a solid release, and I"m pretty sure Muhammed will do everything he can to make sure the new Necrophagist is even better than it's predecessors. It sucks that Wintersun is having such difficulties with recording it, I hope the pull through and do eventually release the next album.

Chaotisys

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've been rather anxious about the new necrophagist album too. With Muenzner gone, I don't know what it is going to be like. "Dawn of demise" was ok, but I didn't like it as much as the stuff from epitaph. But I do want to hear a recorded version of the solo to "dawn of demise", because sami didn't do a very good job playing it live.. haha

I know the new nevermore album will be good, but I don't know if it will top this godless endeavor. I mean they set the bar pretty high in the first place.. haha. But the obsidian conspiracy is going to have two cover songs on it.. This is pure opinion here, but i think "the sound of silence" really held back "dead heart in a dead world". But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they will be covers.

Regardless, "This godless endeavor" was just full of great songs back to back. The lowest point was either bittersweet feast or medicated nation, and those songs still kicked major ass. If they topped TGE i would shit a brick.

aarongericke

Reaction score
@ Heart collector.Christian Muenzner only helped write one of the songs on Epitaph. and as for the solos on Epitaph I cannot find any evidence to suggest one way or the other that Muenzner wrote the solos by himself. I would have an extremely hard time believing that Muhammed didn't have a very big influence on those solos or perhaps even write them completely as I know that almost every single part of every song for each instrument was tabbed/transcribed by Muhammed. Perhaps Muenzner's solos were the exception to this, but as I said that seems doubtful given Muhammed's reputation as a perfectionist. I'm not worried about Muenzner being replaced because if Raatikainen can't write/play a solo up to Muhammed's expectations I'm sure that Muhammed will do it himself. I'm quite sure that Muhammed will not sacrifice the quality of his music in the interest of camaraderie or anything else. Also I'm not worried at all because Raatikainen seems to be more than competent.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
@ Heart collector.Christian Muenzner only helped write one of the songs on Epitaph. and as for the solos on Epitaph I cannot find any evidence to suggest one way or the other that Muenzner wrote the solos by himself. I would have an extremely hard time believing that Muhammed didn't have a very big influence on those solos or perhaps even write them completely as I know that almost every single part of every song for each instrument was tabbed/transcribed by Muhammed. Perhaps Muenzner's solos were the exception to this, but as I said that seems doubtful given Muhammed's reputation as a perfectionist. I'm not worried about Muenzner being replaced because if Raatikainen can't write/play a solo up to Muhammed's expectations I'm sure that Muhammed will do it himself. I'm quite sure that Muhammed will not sacrifice the quality of his music in the interest of camaraderie or anything else. Also I'm not worried at all because Raatikainen seems to be more than competent.

Christian wrote and recorded the solos on Stabwound, Seven, Epitaph and I think one more. I can't remember which one if he did. He improvises them in the studio and relearns them later. He also wrote the first half of Symbiotic In Theory. He told me himself.

MSalonen

Reaction score
Jari just keeps coming up with excuses.

When he complained that his computer wasnt powerful enough, the label (or someone) gave him a new one.

Then supposed vocal problems... chronic masturbation... depression

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
I talked a while ago with mr. Hahto from Wintersun, and what I understood, was that Jari has basicly not enough money to finish the new Time-album. As ironic as the new album title is, the first time there was talking about releasing it, was in 2007-2008. Now after three years I've personally lost my hope for a new release from Finland's finest :/

Necrophagist will be on my shopping cart as soon as it's released! :yesway:

the red rocket

Reaction score
if necrophagist doesnt release a new album this year, i'll kill myself, see if you can live with that on your conscious muhammed!:taunt:

wlfers

Reaction score
Personally, I don't care when the albums are released. I don't care to get into the life details of the musicians behind my favorite albums.

I think it takes away the mood and magic of a musical piece when people drag all of this into the picture.

aarongericke

Reaction score
Christian wrote and recorded the solos on Stabwound, Seven, Epitaph and I think one more. I can't remember which one if he did. He improvises them in the studio and relearns them later. He also wrote the first half of Symbiotic In Theory. He told me himself.
well regardless Muenzner's absence on the new album is not a big deal. All the songs and solos on Onset of Putrefaction (except parts of the "Extreme Unction" solo) and apparently the majority of everything on Epitaph were written by Muhammed. Also you said that Muenzner improvised some of his solos on Epitaph. Is that something he personally told you? If that is the case I would think that he must have done a lot of takes to end up with the ones that are on the album because they seem to fit the rhythm and mood etc. so well. Also I would think that Muhammed had the final say about which takes ended up on the album. Like I said before I would imagine that Muhammed had a big influence on those solos. In this interview ( Sick Drummer Magazine | Interview With Romain Goulon & Stephan Fimmers of Necrophagist ) Fimmers says that Muhammed is writing 99% of his bass parts and he's writing all the guitar too so I can't imagine any way that the album won't end up being fucking amazing.

BlackMetalVenom

Vallz und Veinaz
Reaction score
well regardless Muenzner's absence on the new album is not a big deal. All the songs and solos on Onset of Putrefaction (except parts of the "Extreme Unction" solo) and apparently the majority of everything on Epitaph were written by Muhammed. Also you said that Muenzner improvised some of his solos on Epitaph. Is that something he personally told you? If that is the case I would think that he must have done a lot of takes to end up with the ones that are on the album because they seem to fit the rhythm and mood etc. so well. Also I would think that Muhammed had the final say about which takes ended up on the album. Like I said before I would imagine that Muhammed had a big influence on those solos. In this interview ( Sick Drummer Magazine | Interview With Romain Goulon & Stephan Fimmers of Necrophagist ) Fimmers says that Muhammed is writing 99% of his bass parts and he's writing all the guitar too so I can't imagine any way that the album won't end up being fucking amazing.

Christian DID write a fair bit of the parts and many of the solos. He's really into jazz/fusion and knows a lot of theory; so I don't think he'd really have trouble improvising a solo. Muhammed's style is very distinguishable from Muenzner's as he's more into the neo-classical style where-as Christian's phrasing is more...well listen to Cosmogenesis by Obscura and you'll hear. :lol:
And on Epitaph, listen to the first half of the solo. Around 3:08 is where Muhammed's part, with all the minor and diminshed stuff comes in, and Muenzner's ends.

')