Nevermore's new guitarist

• Thread starter HeartCollector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Awww i thought they were going to have Steve Smyth again, hes not ill again is he?

Reaction score
Awww i thought they were going to have Steve Smyth again, hes not ill again is he?

I don't know, but from seeing all of his rehearsal videos on his myspace it doesn't bother me much that smyth wont be in the picture.

Hell, anything is better then nothing. The past few shows when they didn't have a rhythm guitarist were really lacking imo.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Hell, anything is better then nothing. The past few shows when they didn't have a rhythm guitarist were really lacking imo.

I haven't seen them at all, but yeah the band defiantly need two guitarists, i just can't see it working with only one

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Two is probably better, but I still think they sound great with one. Everything is soooo clear. :yesway:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
I thought it sounded hollow as fuck lol.

oh it did but i have heard MUCH worse lol, I've even seen when one guitar bands have a solo for some reason the whole song seems to drop in volume and the song just falls on its face :scratch:

ill put it down to a good sound guy haha

Joel

Reaction score
No offense but I wouldn't want to see Ron stifled by being stuck in Nevermore. His solo stuff is slow going and hard work, but he is so much better than that.

Yeah you make a good point, I love everything Ron has been involved in. But at the same time, i'd love to see him play with Loomis.

Netherhound

Grandeur Of Delusions
Reaction score
I was hoping for Ron Jarzombek :squint:

Or James Murphy :shred:

but I am happy they got a new guitarist. And the fact he is pretty unknown and only 24 is pretty cool also :lol:

However I would love to see Gus Drax( from Biomechanical and his solo stuff) to join up. IMO he has the chops and the playing style that would fit nevermore.

check him out for those who don't know him

Reaction score
I was also hoping for Ron Jarzombek. I'm sure the guys a competent player but he seems quite similar to Loomis from the videos, where another original player to bounce ideas off may have done them better. Saying this, Jeff Loomis has more talent in his little finger than most bands pair of guitarists do.

Bobo

Reaction score
Well I still think I'll miss what Smyth added to TGE, but two guitarists live seems like a must for Nevermore (even though I may never see them live :-/ ).

Jeff said he switched from 10-52 + 70 to 9-46 + 64 because of hand pain....I feel ya bro :scream::scream::scream:

Fred

Reaction score
Fuck me. Good guitarist, but his custom Schecter (in his MySpace photos) is probably the ugliest custom I've ever seen. Does just about everything wrong - tramp stamp-style symbol on the front, fucking website on the lower side, more tramp stamps and a bizarrely fake-looking finish on the back, and a ridiculous slogan in fuck-off block letters on the back of the neck.

That aside, the videos of him playing along to Nevermore tunes make me fairly unsurprised they chose him - that TGE video in particular is badass, and reminds me quite how damn much I love that riff that kicks in around 5m56s in.

')