New 27 fret Xiphos

• Thread starter tr4c3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score
Overall: Not a bad guitar, especially for the price. Easy access to all frets and pickups sounded pretty decent. I love wizard necks so of course it was comfy as hell and perfect for shred/whatever. I would probably buy this if I wasn't on the hunt for more strings.

Here's me looking badass:

l_5ddf83a33b804c5d9b8287f2b4b15269.jpg

l_fa876aed99044025a1490bd8de0a3943.jpg

l_02e6527fc856428293629ccfd6d7ee72.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mat091285

Reaction score
Nice pose! ... did the guys let you step on their amp? haha .... the guitar in the photos does not look bad at all ... looks really nice!!! .... is the quality control ... any good? Fret's?

Reaction score
God.... I would be all over that thing if it wasn't Indonesian shit. :mad:

(Not saying all imports suck, but I would want it as a main guitar that I could really rely on and beat the crap out of)

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score
Everything seemed decent on it. This one was unfortunately not set up since it was getting shipped back (they didn't get sent everything so it didn't get to go on the floor). I'm there too much so I get special treatment lol. I forgot to state that I was playing it through a line 6 1x12 and it still sounded pretty decent (the guitar haha).

mat091285

Reaction score
God.... I would be all over that thing if it wasn't Indonesian shit. :mad:

(Not saying all imports suck, but I would want it as a main guitar that I could really rely on and beat the crap out of)

It could be a beat up guitar .. but i think the price would be pretty for a Xiphos 27 ... but from the photos it looks nicely made .....

Reaction score
It could be a beat up guitar .. but i think the price would be pretty for a Xiphos 27 ... but from the photos it looks nicely made .....

Yeah, I absolutely love the shape and style of the guitar, so I wouldn't want it as a beater. I would totally be willing to pay more for a Prestige version with a non-Edge III trem and decent pickups. I don't know why Ibanez never does a Prestige version of my favorite shapes (Iceman and Xiphos) :mad:

mat091285

Reaction score
Yeah, I absolutely love the shape and style of the guitar, so I wouldn't want it as a beater. I would totally be willing to pay more for a Prestige version with a non-Edge III trem and decent pickups. I don't know why Ibanez never does a Prestige version of my favorite shapes (Iceman and Xiphos) :mad:

The Prestige question also is for me too ... I don't mind paying for the high price .. haha ... considering the Xiphos 27 is already in the higher price range .... plus they have Dimarzio pickups in it ...

I must also state that I now wish my rg had 27 frets :(

haha true! ... plus this X has true 27 frets ... damn you are already giving me GAS ... :scream:

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score

I almost bought a regular xiphos when they first came out (I preordered a black one but ended up picking up an rg550). The trem was definitely a turn off for me, I love my Edge II though, go figure. I'd like a bolt-on prestige xiphos, I could easy rock one.

thesimo

Reaction score
if you put your foot on an amp in my store id take the guitar off you and hit you with it :p

The new xiphos guitars are killer, however.

I want the necrphagist guy's signature one. Reversead headstock and 7 strings with trem

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
looks like a smexy gitfiddle . i could settle for it not being a 7 since it has 27 frets so i can hit the 24th E string as if it was the e on my 7 but be in drop a.

its such a beautiful guitar aswell. i just wish i had moneys

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score

The Edge III trem is pretty rock solid, I have a 2007 Xiphos and it can withstand as much whammy abuse as my K-7. Also, the pickups in the Xiphos are more than "decent", they are a pair of quality Dimarzios!

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score
if you put your foot on an amp in my store id take the guitar off you and hit you with it :p

The new xiphos guitars are killer, however.

I want the necrphagist guy's signature one. Reversead headstock and 7 strings with trem

Aw haha. If it makes you feel any better it was just a spider III 1x12. :)

Muhammad's guitar would be bitchin' but I do kind of prefer standard/strat shaped guitars (or I'd take an Explorer/V). I don't know if I would rock the 7 string Xiphos but I'm sure I'd take one hands down if it was 8 string.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
A Prestige Xiphos would list over $2k(street would be $1500+). I'll take the $700 model and swap the trem.

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
I'll take the $700 model and swap the trem.

Take the white one. You will take the white one. You'll hurt me if you get a chameleon if you can have it in white :squint:

EDIT: Take the white xiphos!

EDIT2: I'm serious, the white xiphos 6-string is the only way to go if you want a xiphos 6er. :squint:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, you're telling me? I have the trigger finger waiting for them to be available, and one will be at my door. The BCM was the one I used to want, but they discontinued it, white is way better anyways. ;)

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score
They had the white one there. Looked very nice. I would definitely take that over the other ones. Though the 27s green was nice too.

')