New 27 fret Xiphos

• Thread starter tr4c3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score
Yeah that was a San Dimas. I didn't check any of them out but they had a handful of them and the strat styled ones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Second picture.... Is that a purple San Dimas tele?!?

Is that the new colour? PLEASE! :D

I was curious about that Tele too. :yum:

But yes about the swapping the Edge III.... wear it out first because it's quite durable for a cheapie. Then swap for an Edge Pro for quick drop in.

... now I want the 27 fretter too.

Reaction score
The Edge III trem is pretty rock solid, I have a 2007 Xiphos and it can withstand as much whammy abuse as my K-7. Also, the pickups in the Xiphos are more than "decent", they are a pair of quality Dimarzios!

Well, I guess I could deal with the pups and bridge. After all, I would probably just drop an OFR in there and BKP the hell out of it :hbang:

However, I can't justify putting that much work and money into that guitar when its INDONESIAN! I would much rather just spend a bit more for a Japanese ESP or Caparison. IMO, Ibanez fucked up by not putting a prestige Xiphos out.

mat091285

Reaction score
Well, I guess I could deal with the pups and bridge. After all, I would probably just drop an OFR in there and BKP the hell out of it :hbang:

However, I can't justify putting that much work and money into that guitar when its INDONESIAN! I would much rather just spend a bit more for a Japanese ESP or Caparison. IMO, Ibanez fucked up by not putting a prestige Xiphos out.

Like what he said .... :agreed: .... I used to own an MII V Blade ... that finsihing cut on the fret broad for the 24th fret was done really bad ... but they covered it up in black binding ...... but i have to say the frets were really tough ... Pinch Harmonic's for days with out wear ....

tr4c3

Guitarist for hire
Reaction score
They have already added the 7 string and the 27 fret fairly quickly for how long the guitar has been out. Who knows what they might do down the road. Would be nice, but I still prefer the whole strat shape over the ridiculous shapes. V's are cool in my book though.

And I'd love a Caparison.

')