New 6 string build - finish suggestions?

So, which finish?

• Gloss black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vampire's Kiss transparent

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Ran-style camoflage

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Something else?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

JesseTheMachine

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've finished my 7-string build (finally! picstory coming soon once I collect all the pictures from various digital cameras), and now I'm in the process of designing a new 6-string.

It should look like a cross between a BC Rich Avail and a Mockingbird and it will have all black hardware and a hand-carved knob of some sort.
avail_bcr111526.JPG

But I've been torn deciding what colour finish to apply to it... Some of my thoughts are:

- gloss black

- vampire's kiss style transparent
mtd_534_pup.jpg

- or camoflage...
wIMG_2187.jpg

But those are just some ideas... what would you guys prefer to see?

Oh yea, and instead of the fugly headstock that's on the Avail, it's going to have one like those found on a very limited number of B.C. Rich guitars:
image.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
finish it in natural, it'd look sexy :yum:

JesseTheMachine

Reaction score
I would do it natural, but that's how I just did my 7-string build, more or less. So far I'm leaning towards the vampire kiss finish, it just seems most appropriate.

I love camoflage finishes too, but I think they're suited to a more strat-shape bodystyle...

BTW apparently the basic body shape I was talking about is actually known as the BC Rich Ignitor, and it's serious awesomeness:

BCRichIgnitor.gif

')