New 7 String Agiles finally

• Thread starter etohk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
Ok, does anyone have any idea about paypal - its telling me that I'm over my limit and cannot transfer the money (it'd be about 2 dollars over at the most). Does anyone know if I'd be able to make the payment as two seperate, smaller quantities? Or if I make two seperate payments will paypal notice what I'm doing and not let me make the total sum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
well turns out paypals a piece of shit and you're only allowed a set value of money transfers until you need to verify, which if you're in aus would take up to a month or more most likely. Anyway this transaction was just outside the rest of my limit (by literal cents as near as I can figure) and Kurt said not to worry about whatever small difference there is and to just pay what I had as long as it was within 10 bucks. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I'm so excited. For a while I thought I wouldn't be able to get it.

thor von clemson

Reaction score
so how do these puppies sound? I am seriously thinking about buying one.... Ebony fretboard, blaze pup's, no inlays, and I do not have to take out a loan to buy one... :hbang:
Some concerns I have are, how do they play/sound? My tone needs to be warm,thick, and heavy and I am a little concerned about the tone being too thin, as well as the the neck being too thin. I prefer something similar to a typical esp neck.. Right now I am playing an esp baritone that works wonders for me, but I need a 2nd guitar. It's either another baritone or a 7, so please help convince me to buy a 7.

Does anyone have any pics of theirs yet?

TVC

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
thor von clemson said:
so how do these puppies sound? I am seriously thinking about buying one.... Ebony fretboard, blaze pup's, no inlays, and I do not have to take out a loan to buy one... :hbang:
Some concerns I have are, how do they play/sound? My tone needs to be warm,thick, and heavy and I am a little concerned about the tone being too thin, as well as the the neck being too thin. I prefer something similar to a typical esp neck.. Right now I am playing an esp baritone that works wonders for me, but I need a 2nd guitar. It's either another baritone or a 7, so please help convince me to buy a 7.
Does anyone have any pics of theirs yet?
TVC
If you've ever played a guitar with blazes (a Universe for example), it sounds similar to that, only a little bit brighter with more bite (probably due in part to the ebony fretboard, and on the 27" scale trem models due to the additional maple top and extended scale). Trust me, they don't sound thin, there's lots of bottom end and warmth on mine. The prototypes had thicker necks like an esp, and it's been said this new batch has slimmer necks, whether they're ibanez slim or not I'm not sure. Like mine has a thicker neck on it, but I wouldn't mind it being thinner, YMMV. There's pluses and minuses to thicker and thinner necks, so it's your choice. But believe me when I say you will NOT find a better deal for your money.

Here, I took the leisure of finding this thread for you so you could see pics. This is when Shannon first got his prototype (now mine):

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3407

The search is your friend, use it often and make it your best buddy, lol.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Anyone know what the warranty is of an Agile, and how much Kurt stands behind the quality?

I take what I read on HC with a grain of salt.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
forelander said:
well turns out paypals a piece of shit and you're only allowed a set value of money transfers until you need to verify
Didn't read the terms of use, huh?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
for what these guitars cost, i wouldn't worry about what pickups they come with. you could get the guitar and a pair of pups for less than an ibanez.

i, personally, don't see how they can sell such a nice guitar so cheap. they must be making them out of spent uranium fuel rods from the korean government. lol.

thor von clemson

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys... i completely forgot to do a search :nuts: :wallbash: :cool:

Anyways, them blue agiles are very nice. I am assuming they stay in tune well with that floyd which is a problem I am currently having with my main axe. As much as I hate floyds, I may have to go back to the dark side and pick one of these up, especially at this price...:bowdown:

They look very nice, and seem pretty highly recommended in terms of sound and playability. I am sure I can find and read the return policy before I commit myself to anything..

TVC

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
thor von clemson said:
thanks for the info guys... i completely forgot to do a search :nuts: :wallbash: :cool:
Anyways, them blue agiles are very nice. I am assuming they stay in tune well with that floyd which is a problem I am currently having with my main axe. As much as I hate floyds, I may have to go back to the dark side and pick one of these up, especially at this price...:bowdown:
They look very nice, and seem pretty highly recommended in terms of sound and playability. I am sure I can find and read the return policy before I commit myself to anything..
TVC
my floyd drops a few cents on dives and is a few cents sharp after a pull-up, but this is the only floyd i have ever owned so i don't know whats considered normal. the floyd may be the dark side, but who said the dark side was the best side? ;) Just make sure to get a tremol-no when they're released.

ephrion

Reaction score
Mr Von Clemson -- If you don't like Floyds, I HIGHLY recommend getting a Hipshot Tremsetter installed. It makes the Floyd more or less feel like a hardtail bridge so its more resistant to tuning changes due to like gravity. And you can drop tune with them also. VERY cool devices.

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
ephrion said:
Mr Von Clemson -- If you don't like Floyds, I HIGHLY recommend getting a Hipshot Tremsetter installed. It makes the Floyd more or less feel like a hardtail bridge so its more resistant to tuning changes due to like gravity. And you can drop tune with them also. VERY cool devices.
...or just wait for the Tremol-no to be released! No "feeling" like a hardtail bridge, it does MAKE your guitar into a fixed bridge with a few turns of some thumb screws. Naturally you can drop tune on a tremol-no, but you can also have dive only mode (where drop tuning is still allowed, the tremolo essentially functions as say like a wilkonson tremolo) or fully floating mode. I'd say overall a much better design than the tremsetter.

ephrion

Reaction score
I would agree but you don't experience any of the benefits when the Floyd is in full floating mode. That's what broke the Tremolno for me.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
ok basicly i'd be over the floyd ones if they wernt 27". i want 25.5 floyd equiped, trans flame top and all that. everything else can be the same.

Skeksis

Closed Eye Visuals
Reaction score
I was hoping they'd make a 27" scale with a hardtail bridge, so I'm just gonna block mine. Maybe I'll get the Tremel-No when it comes out, it does look like a very useful little gadget...

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
ephrion said:
I would agree but you don't experience any of the benefits when the Floyd is in full floating mode. That's what broke the Tremolno for me.

yeah but using a trem-blocker-type device doesn't make any sense if you just want to stay full floating all of the time. the cool thing about tremol-no is that you can switch modes fairly easily. parker guitars have had this technology for a long time already, but they won't be making any seven strings for awhile.

forelander

you fail me
Reaction score
darren said:
Didn't read the terms of use, huh?

Well pretty much, though it was more a case of my brother not learning the terms of use since it was his account. Doesn't matter it's all been sorted now anyway and in two or so weeks a brand new sexy as hell blue guitar should be at my door. It'll be my first 7 too.

ephrion

Reaction score
yeah but using a trem-blocker-type device doesn't make any sense if you just want to stay full floating all of the time. the cool thing about tremol-no is that you can switch modes fairly easily. parker guitars have had this technology for a long time already, but they won't be making any seven strings for awhile.
The tremsetter isn't a trem blocking device, its a stabilizer.

Latest posts

')