New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
FWIW the pickups are new so interesting to see how everyone already knows they are awful

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Yeah, some people say they like LoZ more than EMG and the 7 string ones are new so they are going to be slightly different from the 6 string LoZs. So how can it be FAIL IBANEZ ^ if you've never used them, besides the obvious EMG sized rout.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
FWIW the pickups are new so interesting to see how everyone already knows they are awful

Yeah, it's just people hopping on the "Ibby makes shitty stock pups!" bandwagon; even though the LoZs are the best Ibby stockers I've ever heard and played around with, way better than the Infs, and Axis pups. The V7s and V8s are pretty good, too.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just people hopping on the "Ibby makes shitty stock pups!" bandwagon; even though the LoZs are the best Ibby stockers I've ever heard and played around with, way better than the Infs, and Axis pups. The V7s and V8s are pretty good, too.

I'd have to say that their 6-string pickups tend to be better, the RG550 I played recently sounded great and the first Ibanez RG I played sounded awesome as well... but when it comes to 7 string, it seems Ibanez's bridge models aren't very good from my experience.

Not really a bandwagon, my old duncan designed that were on my H201 sounded better than the stock pups on my 7620.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd have to say that their 6-string pickups tend to be better, the RG550 I played recently sounded great and the first Ibanez RG I played sounded awesome as well... but when it comes to 7 string, it seems Ibanez's bridge models aren't very good from my experience.

Not really a bandwagon, my old duncan designed that were on my H201 sounded better than the stock pups on my 7620.

The stock pickups on your RG7620 were Dimarzio's.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, it almost seems as if they're pressing for EMG sized pickups to be standard on 7 strings. THat'd actually be kinda cool.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
The stock pickups on your RG7620 were Dimarzio's.

stock pickups are still stock pickups... for the most part ibanez picks something that needs to be replaced on their 7 strings and i'd have to guess the d'activators 7 are the only ones they've supplied that a lot of people are actually happy with.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
personlly i don't like stock ibby PASSIVE pickups like the V series, never tried the LoZ's

and that's not my beef, my beef is the route size

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
stock pickups are still stock pickups... for the most part ibanez picks something that needs to be replaced on their 7 strings and i'd have to guess the d'activators 7 are the only ones they've supplied that a lot of people are actually happy with.

There's a difference between stock pickups like the V-series and stock pickups such as Dimarzio's.

I think plenty of people are happy with the D-Activators, Blaze IIs, and PAF7s.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
There's a difference between stock pickups like the V-series and stock pickups such as Dimarzio's.

I think plenty of people are happy with the D-Activators, Blaze IIs, and PAF7s.

Well those aren't the pickups that people are referring to when they are complaining, right? Theres no point in arguing semantics, I mentioned the 7620 stock pups, which are new 7's... i didn't say paf7's are terrible. Others mentioned the V-series, not d'activators... the majority of the 7 strings they release don't have those three pups, that would be AH-series, Powersound, V-series and New-7's which are pretty bad IMO. Except for the New7 neck pup, that was actually really nice, kinda wish I didn't sell it, but regardless it's mostly the bridge pickups they pick that isn't up to snuff; and for metal, thats pretty where you need to start off of to develop a decent sound.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well those aren't the pickups that people are referring to when they are complaining, right? Theres no point in arguing semantics, I mentioned the 7620 stock pups, which are new 7's... i didn't say paf7's are terrible. Others mentioned the V-series, not d'activators... the majority of the 7 strings they release don't have those three pups, that would be AH-series, Powersound, V-series and New-7's which are pretty bad IMO. Except for the New7 neck pup, that was actually really nice, kinda wish I didn't sell it, but regardless it's mostly the bridge pickups they pick that isn't up to snuff; and for metal, thats pretty where you need to start off of to develop a decent sound.

True, Ibanez lower end pickup choice isn't the best. Though, if you take the time to look through the catalogs, most Ibanez 7s have had pickups other than those cheap stockers.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any personal clips with Lo-z pickups? lower tuned stuff in particular. I've never seen them let alone heard them.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, it almost seems as if they're pressing for EMG sized pickups to be standard on 7 strings. THat'd actually be kinda cool.

I love how 7-string EMGs look, but I don't know if it would work with standard open coil pickups...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love how 7-string EMGs look, but I don't know if it would work with standard open coil pickups...

Nordstrand make soapbar shaped passive pickups in their custom shop.

NDC9_front_eyelevel.jpg

body-front.jpg

I_infect

Reaction score
Anyone have any personal clips with Lo-z pickups? lower tuned stuff in particular. I've never seen them let alone heard them.

I have a ART300 tuned to drop B, they sound great, a little less gainy than an EMG 81, but harmonics still scream. I can't vouch for the 7 string versions though:scratch: Every 7 string pickup I played sounded different than its 6 string counterpart.

Latest posts

')