New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
why would i want to go active, been there, disliked it intensely

i found the exact pickup for me that works the best and that's the BKP ceramic Warpig

if ibby is throwing their own active design into this they really should have made passive sided ones, then at least the blackout crowd could get into them and the passive guys could also, again EMG limitations

Fair dooze, I'm a Bareknuckle fan myself too but if I get an RGA8 I'm just going to slap some blackouts in it, can't be bothered with the hassle of setting it up to hold passives properly. EMG bass housing does indeed, suck balls.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
well thats me sold on the 7420, i can drop my plans to put 24 frets onto a 7320 now.
im still gonna refinish one and route a single coil in as well :p just hadnt planned on doin it to a brand new guitar!
when in 2010 will these be on the market? as ive never actually been watching for a new ibby to come out before.
also does this mean that with the drop of the 1527 there are going to be no nore 1527/7620 type rg's anymore? thats kinda shite.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
^this

But I'm not really sure if they're done announcing all the new models. They still could be making some of the older 7s while making the cheaper models like that "RGA7321" and the RGA8..

screamindaemon

Overlord of Music
Reaction score
God dammit...
Yes, yes and yes. I want them all... I've NEVER been a fan of the RG shape, but this new version is far too awesome...

Sigh... there goes my paychecks for next year...

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I swear I saw another flashier RG8 on the older pic, plus some other shit in different finishes.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wait...these are U.S bound, right? Cuz if not, then Ibanez can eat a large dick, with a side order of hairy scrotum and a tall glass of dirty taint!

So tell us how you really feel. :lol:

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
i'll take that RGA7 :)

and if i had the money i'd pull the trigger on an s24

scratch that, i'll take that RGA8. lol

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I just thought about something... They're not making an RGA with a trem? That makes me a little bit sad. I misread and thought you'd said it was an RGA1527Z. I could take or leave this RGD business.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
I just thought about something... They're not making an RGA with a trem? That makes me a little bit sad. I misread and thought you'd said it was an RGA1527Z. I could take or leave this RGD business.
there is a rga with a trem, SEARCH.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
RGD ftw., and i agree with the sentiment about the basswood, that would obviously change that to a complete lose for me. As for the RGA? maybe if it's cheap enough I could snag a body and find someone to mate it a 7421 neck. lol

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
Another thing worth mentioning, already posted here on the website I believe, but anway: the 2010 RG7321 also gets the Gibraltar Standard bridge:
RG7321_BK_2010.jpg

Ibanez 2010 models - Jemsite

you can see some more 2010 models in this link including the RGA8
They're also on this forum in the regular and 8-string section. Everything I post (including that thread on Jemsite) is first posted on the wiki.

As for other (seven-string) models for 2010: I'm pretty sure this isn't it. I'm only aware of about twenty new models now; 2008 and 2009 had like 80 new models each.

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
hmm its seems that all of the new models that ive looked at are 24 fretters, even all the S, could this meant ibnz have prety much ditched 22 now? i think that could really kick the price down on used sales of cheaper 'production' models no?

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
I can deal with black only finishes if new and good guitar models get made. I'd rather that then 200000012982 different colors on an old model being the "new models".

')