New 7-string Ibanez models for 2010!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
So if its a rumor that they are discontinuing the 1527 in favor of a 1527Z does that mean no more 1527M?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djohns74

Reaction score
FWIW, I lined up the S7420 and RGD2127Z over top of one another in Photoshop, and the RGD's fretboard is most definitely slightly longer and the bridge and nut farther apart. However, the headstocks don't line up right, so either the pictures are taken from a slightly different angle or, as is probably more likely, these are actually just mock-ups as many of Ibanez's official "pictures" seem to be. Either way, I don't think we can rely much on these pictures in terms of deriving specs like scale length.

Beyond that, RGD2127Z doesn't mean anything as a "7" is sometimes substituted for the last character in a model number to denote a 7 string. And, in fact, another 2010 model being released is the 6 string RGD2120Z, so that explains the model number as far as I'm concerned. As darren mentioned, Ibanez's model numbers have nothing to do with scale length anyway. For the longest time, I thought the RG2228 had a 28" scale, but again, the 8 is just a reference to the number of strings.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I'll nearly guarantee that the RGD is a 25.5" scale guitar. I'd love to see a 27" version too, but I don't think it's terribly likely any time soon.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Someone start photoshopping the RGD in different colors and with a maple neck to fuel my gas...

Edit: playing lead on a 25.5 ftw, and rythem on a 27" ftw

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I love the idea of the RGA7, though the deal breaker for me would be neck construction. I heavily prefer bolt on.

And yea, a flamed/quilt top or something a little bit more exciting than black would be welcome :) I personally would dig the hell out of it if it was gloss white with black binding around the neck, and black hardware.

Guess a 27'' RGA isn't gonna happen :(

Sean Babiniec

Reaction score
I hope the RGD is a 25.5". That is just my preference. I am literally saving up for it right now.

God that thing is gorgeous. I even like the black color.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Thankfully I've already got a Black RG-1527. :cool:

Now I'd better snag a 1527M before the jam an EZ on that too. But still it's gonna be a very hard decision between a RG1527Z and that lovely RGD2127Z. I'm gonna have to think long and hard.

:scratch:

.... THE RGD WINS!!!! :drool:

And I want that S7420 too dammit!!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Ooh, know what would be gooood? If the RGD was Alder.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
So if its a rumor that they are discontinuing the 1527 in favor of a 1527Z does that mean no more 1527M?

As far as I was aware that was a limited run anyway, but would suck. Hopefully the new 1527 isn't in RB. I'd like them to drop that colour but keep the 1527M or atleast try another finish.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently the D in RGD stands for "Diamond Cut" or some weirdness like that.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit :eek: I now have a reason not to buy a guitar that's not an Ibanez (that I can currently "afford" that is ;)) :bowdown: All 3 of those look amazing.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm liking the look of the bridge on the RGA7 as well, whatever it is.

EDIT: I gotta say, i'm actually very very excited by these :metal:

')