New 7 stringer from the Philippines

• Thread starter SultanO7Strings
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SultanO7Strings

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am from the Philippines, I had been playing for 17 years with my Craftsman guitar 6 strings and Ibanez 170 dx until recently I bought an RG 7321 guitar from a local dealer here. Hmmmm, 7 strings, why not!!! I play mostly neoclassical, heavy metal, progressive and oriental heavy metal music with intermediate musical knowledge. I've been using my 7321 for two weeks now and I can say I am already married to it. I can use my music theory to keep up with her. I always mod my guitars to my own specs recently. I modified my craftsman from SSS pickup configuration last year to HSH with Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, Virtual Solo in the middle, and Super Distortion in the Neck with a hell of wiring modifications. For my Ibanez 170 dx, I installed Super Distortion in the Bridge and Neck and then Fast Track 2 in the middle. Now all that mods had been laid to waste because of the arrival of my 7321. I am also planning to mod my 7321 with Tone Zone 7 (i already have one ready) in the bridge and Air Norton 7 (this is the missing link as local dealers do not have one in stock) in the neck.

I can say that my rig is not top of the line but I can dial in my most desired sound in which I called it "tubular like".

I have;

Boss products;
Metal Zone
GE-7
DS-1
Auto-Wah
Compressor

Zoom;

Amplifier;
Ibanez TBX 65 R
Vantage 15 Watts

I joined to learn more and make friends with my fellow 7 stringers all over the world.

Thanks.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thecrouss

Reaction score
Hey, welcome! Maybe when you get those pickups put in you can post some audio clips. Or maybe you can do a before and after.

SultanO7Strings

Reaction score
Yes definitely, i will add some sound clips, but pics? im not planning to mod my guitar cosmetically :):) mainly because i am not aware of any custom shops here in the philippines that does cosmetic mods on guitars even custom paint jobs. Also main reason is i really want the 7321 looks as it is in stock. Black is beauty.

Anyway, Thanks guys for the all the welcome!!!

Hi Crouss,

I'm sorry I thought you are also asking for pics. Hehehe!!! Sorry again.

thecrouss

Reaction score
No problem, It was just a thought. I was thinking how I always forget to take pictures of stuff before and after I start changing stuff.

')