New 7 strings listed on Ibanez Japan website

• Thread starter metalfiend666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
Man the RG8427 looks awesome...although if it were upto me I'd have no inlays except maybe one at the 12th. Not sure I like the vines.

I'm right there with ya, bro. Haha. I love keeping the fretboard free of inlays, save for two dots on the 12th or so. This is very exciting news though! I love the guitars!

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
*Ahem*
P100009.jpg

I know its not a production model, it was just made for Buz Mcgrath, but a man can dream.:bowdown:

yeah ... this guitar has been the 1 model i wish ibanez would make ... different finish would be fine too ... oh, and with a 7 string gibralter over a floyd ... we need a non-cheapo tail piece for fixed bridge sevens.

but i'm sounding like a broken record ... since i saw that picture it's all i wanted from Ibby.

sure s7's are cool ... but about only about 50% as cool as a RGA 7 string would be. many of us in the RG camp tend to be a pretty dedicated group. rg's are the fender strats of metal in my world.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Damn, the new K7 looks really strange, i want to get a new 7, but i have to do my 8 first.

Those J customs are nice, but i'm bored, always the same, those flowers on the fretboards and the flame top, same of the same IMHO.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
+1:agreed:

and what about that 69 inlay?:nuts:

I prefered there a man and a woman doing the, what? :D

I have to play the new K7, so i take my conclusions, looks wild, or maybe rough with that finish, the stars and the 69 inlay looks very... Glamorous :D, i like that, but i'm mentalized with the old K7, so the new it's difficult to accustom, but definitive it's a good guitar.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand what the big deal is with the whole Ibanez colors thing, everyone complains yet everyone still buys them!!! Personally I'd like to see a factory option for your own finish and stuff, but I find the current catalog of colors is fine, just 'cause they aren't sporting DY,RF,SK doesn't mean they lack variety... If those J customs were anything other then black we'd still find something to say about it anyways, "Oh i'm tired of VV, man flamed tops are annoying, vine inlays are gay etcetc...." I just find it funny that's all... though I;m generalizing

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
^ I :rofl: about what you say about the flamed tops and vine inlays.

It's true, people stil buy the guitars, but it's the only color, they didn't have another choice, so they have to buy it like that, i want that they sell a very very glam 7, finish Shocking pink or Desert yellow, with some mirror pickguard (cocaine table? no :D) green knobs yellow/pink pups and some strange inalys in fluo colors in the inlay.

Back to the 80's, i love those guitars!

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
why all the hate for black? you guys racist or something?

Reaction score
^ I :rofl: about what you say about the flamed tops and vine inlays.

It's true, people stil buy the guitars, but it's the only color, they didn't have another choice, so they have to buy it like that, i want that they sell a very very glam 7, finish Shocking pink or Desert yellow, with some mirror pickguard (cocaine table? no :D) green knobs yellow/pink pups and some strange inalys in fluo colors in the inlay.

Back to the 80's, i love those guitars!
Seriously, bring em back!:yesway:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just like a bit of variety. I have no problem with companies releasing black guitars as long as there's another colour option. If they start doing the S7 in dark maroon or olive green or blue AS WELL as black, that would be cool. It doesn't have to be an eye-searing colour. If I get a new S7 I'll be refinishing it.

no hardtails??? whats the deal?:noplease:

You can set the ZR bridge on the S7 to a hardtail mode IIRC.

Latest posts

')