New 7620 is here

• Thread starter drucifer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i can't decide. is it gnarly? tubular? stoke'n?

either way, i like it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
i remember making the post a week ago about this guitar, nice grab.....hows the 81-7 sound?

Battousai

Proud SSorg member
Reaction score
Congrats on the guitar.. that paint job is truly beautiful... i wish ppl in europe have deals like this..

bazguitarman

Half assed at best
Reaction score
Tennessee, home of hillbillies and halfstacks.
That is freaking sweet. I love it.

I`m not familiar with that model, but I assume that guitar is heavily modded. Wasn`t it a dual bucker model with standard RG volume/tone/5-way layout? Also they came factory with standard 7-string pups that were ring mounted?

So it`s had the neck pup removed and the rout blocked and filled, volume/tone/5-way removed and holes filled, rerouted bridge position for EMG and new volume control added in the old tone control spot? Then refinished in the green pearl paint?

I really like it. Looks like a great job and the color works on the RG body really well.

Eric

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats! I thought about snaggin' that just to have, I like that color. :D Nice score. :hbang:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Amazing!

I think Korbain has the same color paint and same mod on the pups.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Superb!!!! choice man ..love the lime green and the volume nob is placed where the tone was ..not in the way at all .congrats once more . :)

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's just gorgeous. I'd call that guitar The Goblin. :cool: :lol:

Prometheus

Oh no, no you don't!
Reaction score
Wow. Man, that is SEXY.

I actually really like that colour! And the whole minimalist look is kickass, I wanna do something similar to my 7321. Hopefully, it'll look as cool as yours :hbang:

Congrats!

Who Then Now

Reaction score
Except the pot position, it's one of my dream guitar ;)

Can you tell us what kind of sound make the 81-7 with your rectifier ?

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
That is freaking sweet. I love it.

I`m not familiar with that model, but I assume that guitar is heavily modded. Wasn`t it a dual bucker model with standard RG volume/tone/5-way layout? Also they came factory with standard 7-string pups that were ring mounted?

So it`s had the neck pup removed and the rout blocked and filled, volume/tone/5-way removed and holes filled, rerouted bridge position for EMG and new volume control added in the old tone control spot? Then refinished in the green pearl paint?

I really like it. Looks like a great job and the color works on the RG body really well.

Eric

All correct except that they did not have pickup rings (thank god) but, yeah a lot of quality work went into that. Deemed true. :metal:

jtm45

Reaction score
WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND THE PAINT JOB, DETAILS, COMPONENTS, ETC???

While it still is a gorgeous customised 7620 the pictures in this thread give a false impression of the colour.It almost looks like a metallic UVGR or LNG green in the pics at the beginning of this thread but it's been shown many times before on this site and it's not that colour.
It also appears to be one of the most sold and re-sold guitars that's been on this site.It seems to be up for sale about once a month.
It looks like it's been done really nicely though,which is a pleasant change from so many of the less than great ones you see around.
THIS is the actual colour i believe.Still a mega-sweet green but it's not the colour that it appers to be in the other pictures;
PICT0002.jpg

')