New 8-string Ibanez for 2010, RGA8 content!

• Thread starter bram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    2010 ibanez
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bram

@Ibanez Wiki
Reaction score
The RGA8:
800px-RGA8_BK.jpg

No official specs but it's an RGA, so a mahogany body could be a possibility. Bridge looks like the Fixed Edge III-8 that was also on the RG2228. As for the pickups: Look like EMGs, but they aren't labelled and it isn't a Prestige, so they could also be new Ibanez made active 'LoZ' pickups.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Meshugger

Reaction score
Yum, that's more like it!

I reckon that it is 27" scale and with EMG 808s?

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
my guess it's that it'll have Lo-Z 8 pickups to keep the production costs lower

i'm guessing it'll also cost roughly half as much as a 2228

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
799$?!

I believe it when i see it :fawk:

well, the 2228 is listed at 1699.-€ at most dealers here in germany (it's easy to find outlet or reduced models, though). i could well imagine that he RGA8 will cost around 800€ (if not less) considering the RGA42 costs 350€. i can't imagine ibanez releasing an indonesian guitar priced above 1000€. we'll see...

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Christian is right, I believe. I don't see an Indonesian model boasting Lo-Z pickups and the like going for more than 800 euro around these parts, and that's stretching it a bit.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Oh god. Ibanez really read my mind this year, hot damn. I'm hoping the pricetag on this won't be too bad!

Spondus

Reaction score
I imagine its being made to compete with schecters and agiles so is probably going to be in a similar price range to them. Looks pretty nice but Agile have my money already due to the range of finishes and options if for nothing else

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Looks nice(I'm always a sucker for Ibanez styling) but it doesn't sway me from my Agile loyalty even if I don't factor in the fact that Ibanez shits all over lefties anway.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
i don't think they's want their entry-level 8 to look better than the prestige version ;)

Well, if that was the intention, then it's a bit too late :lol:

IMO this looks WAY better than the RG8

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
looks like Ibanez is gonna get even MORE of my money this year :ugh: poor bank account, I'll miss you my friend.