New Aaron Marshall Signature Schecter

• Thread starter Backsnack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
So I was actually able to get the guitar earlier (yesterday) and so far here are my thoughts:

-The color & sparkle look awesome in person, canā€™t wait to play with it under stage lighting
-No big glaring finish flaws/issues or sloppy nut slots
-the pickups are nice, Iā€™d say theyā€™re balanced all around and I have to work a little harder on the bridge for lead playing (it is a medium output pup with an A4 magnet so itā€™s definitely different from any bridge pup Iā€™ve owned) but it can hang with my SD Omega and Lundgren M7 for sure
- wenge neck is really nice; very smooth and looks awesome how it contrasts with the sparkle finish
-hardware is good for sure, not the biggest fan of the o ring knobs but itā€™s no biggie
-Iā€™m used to 9-46s and this feels like itā€™s strung with 10s so itā€™s a little too stiff for my tastes, but Iā€™ll change it when I wear out these strings

Overall Iā€™m very happy with the guitar and it sounds great!

(Tried to get the sparkle to show up but itā€™s difficult)

924210BB-42F2-44FF-A1AE-26923F0E5A83.jpeg

E24CB2EE-469F-434D-A731-4C756AD2CD37.jpeg

Ddaydizzle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Iā€™m really liking mine. However I have this crazy ringing from the trem springs on palm mutes (especially noticeable on high gain). My tech has ordered some silent springs that will hopefully arrive soon and will rectify the problem. Interestingly, my tech noticed they hadnā€™t fit the bridge on properly. Playing wise itā€™s immaculate now. Once this trem spring ringing problem is sorted I will finally be content!

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Iā€™m really liking mine. However I have this crazy ringing from the trem springs on palm mutes (especially noticeable on high gain). My tech has ordered some silent springs that will hopefully arrive soon and will rectify the problem. Interestingly, my tech noticed they hadnā€™t fit the bridge on properly. Playing wise itā€™s immaculate now. Once this trem spring ringing problem is sorted I will finally be content!
That weird ringing seems to be fairly common on these. Mine does it a bit too. It's not bothering me too much but I'll want to get that sorted eventually. I'll be curious to see if the spring swap helps.

Zado

Reaction score
the pickups are nice, Iā€™d say theyā€™re balanced all around and I have to work a little harder on the bridge for lead playing (it is a medium output pup with an A4 magnet so itā€™s definitely different from any bridge pup Iā€™ve owned) but it can hang with my SD Omega and Lundgren M7 for sure
is it in the realm of PAF pickups or something different?

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score

Iā€™d say it bridges the gap between PAF and high output pickup, having a high output sound but having the dynamics of a lower output pickup.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Aaron Marshall was rocking a San Andreas set in his personal Schecter builds before his signature models were released. The AM-6 and AM-7 come loaded with brand new, custom-voiced pickups that Schecter calls the Schecter USA Solstice and Schecter USA Equinox. So, based on this info, you can kind of assume that they are a tweaked version of the San Andreas (or at least, based on that set in some way). Even if you don't have hands-on experience with the San Andreas model from Schecter USA, they are just known as a good, standard, mid-output "all-arounder" as far as pickups go. The new Solstice and Equinox probably have a bit more of a contemporary voicing to really emphasize that bump in the upper mids that all of the prog/instrumental guys are fond of nowadays.

katsumura78

Reaction score
Got in the other day. 55 point sw check my rumpus is all Iā€™m saying about that. Paid them to setup for Ab and elixirs. By far the worst setup Iā€™ve ever received from any store. Back to this killer 7.

Like others have mentioned I would simply be repeating what youā€™ve read. This thing has some of the best split coil tones Iā€™ve heard in a good while. The neck is nice. Itā€™s a little fatter than a JP7 neck but still very comfortable. If you see one in a store give it a shot. They did a great job with these. Little issues aside itā€™s a good time to be a guitarist.

Attachments

• 3DDC6FD4-2E62-4A16-99B1-65E5C9E05899.jpeg
    3DDC6FD4-2E62-4A16-99B1-65E5C9E05899.jpeg
    784.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 663D10A0-938D-4DED-A5E5-DF293D9C6800.jpeg
    663D10A0-938D-4DED-A5E5-DF293D9C6800.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75

Zado

Reaction score
Aaron Marshall was rocking a San Andreas set in his personal Schecter builds before his signature models were released. The AM-6 and AM-7 come loaded with brand new, custom-voiced pickups that Schecter calls the Schecter USA Solstice and Schecter USA Equinox. So, based on this info, you can kind of assume that they are a tweaked version of the San Andreas (or at least, based on that set in some way). Even if you don't have hands-on experience with the San Andreas model from Schecter USA, they are just known as a good, standard, mid-output "all-arounder" as far as pickups go. The new Solstice and Equinox probably have a bit more of a contemporary voicing to really emphasize that bump in the upper mids that all of the prog/instrumental guys are fond of nowadays.
Mmm specs wise the SanAndreas should be quite hot, maybe he opted for something different. I think it's funny that most of Schecter signature artists also get a signature pickup set too tho, sort of "yeah your pickups are cool but nah, want something else".

RadoncROCKs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had an interesting problem develop on mine in the past week. Weather has been funky in southern US, but nothing like this was around first few weeks I've had the guitar.

The first string from fret 7ish to 24, is fretting out. Buzzy, no sound after 12th fret almost. No other strings have this problem. I've done nothing to the guitar besides tuning it.

I had a problem on my Charvel DK24 22nd fret that was fixed (fret leveled) but it was only one fret and across all strings.

Any thoughts?

Ddaydizzle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like the neck has moved causing it to ā€œchokeā€ out on the higher frets. A setup would sort it.

Hoss632

Reaction score
I also remember Aaron messing with the Pasadena set as well during testing. Perhaps he found a bridge between the 2 sets that he used to create his.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I also remember Aaron messing with the Pasadena set as well during testing. Perhaps he found a bridge between the 2 sets that he used to create his.
I did some re-digging back through old posts. I believe I mightā€™ve been mistaken in my previous post. Aaron mightā€™ve just been using the Pasadenas set while prototyping, and not the San Andreas set.

Just a slip of the memory. My bad.

If Aaron was using Schecter USA pickup models that I personally use and love (such as the Super Rock or Monstertone), then I probably would have paid closer attention and taken better notes. Tough because Schecter also doesnā€™t really market their pickups from their USA Custom Shop well, which is something that has been discussed previously in this thread and in the thread for the new John Browne signature model.

yan12

Reaction score
I can assure you it was not San Andreas. I have most Schecter USA sets, and that one is hot. It has a particular thing it does really well and it sits between a Brimstone and Apocalypse to my ears. More organic that either of those and a bit looser. Excellent in mahogany.

All their pickups are very good to fantastic for me, and I have had the custom shop special wind some with different colors and pole pieces...they can do just about anything.

DCGL had all 3 guitars come in at the same time, 6,7, and a lefty 6. They are nice guitars for the money IMHO, but I do tend to like most of their offerings.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
I've had an interesting problem develop on mine in the past week. Weather has been funky in southern US, but nothing like this was around first few weeks I've had the guitar.
The first string from fret 7ish to 24, is fretting out. Buzzy, no sound after 12th fret almost. No other strings have this problem. I've done nothing to the guitar besides tuning it.

I had a problem on my Charvel DK24 22nd fret that was fixed (fret leveled) but it was only one fret and across all strings.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Could be a high spot on that 1st string around the 7th fret or the fret sprouted out. A good tech could find out which one it is and fix it accordingly.

')