New Aaron Marshall Signature Schecter

• Thread starter Backsnack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
337296187_901658264446632_7078072531105631412_n.jpg

337379902_226337426544524_592559406426152180_n.jpg

It's a Schecter. It has solid finish. It has white pickups.

Whats happening.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That blue is sick! Hoping he offers this in like a shell pink. I was hoping these were going to be made in the WMI facility and not the Indo one though. It looks better than the first run AM-6.

Last edited:

SeventyFour

Reaction score
That blue is sick! Hoping he offers this in like a shell pink. I was hoping these were going to be made in the WMI facility and not the Indo one though. It looks better than the first run AM-6.
Same comment but applied to the seafoam green 😍

yanlin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
anybody have any idea when the usa versions are coming out? Next year namm maybe?

Stiman

Reaction score
Yeah, aren't you buying it for parts at this point?

Moongrum

Reaction score
The strength claim is technically true. Just not a big deal when it comes to guitar building.
The tone claim is bullshit lol
Most of my guitars have been flatsawn, but I have one that's quartersawn. I can't tell a difference sonically😅

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I guess when Brian May and his dad made his guitar, they got very lucky that the fireplace plank happened to be quartersawn. Otherwise Brian wouldn't get far... 😁

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I don't know much about the quartersawn claim, but what a leap from Mayones with their 13+ piece necks to this. I kind of want to make fun of endorsers always finding something new special spec to peddle, but it was actually probably also my experience with Mayones that led me to thinking that maybe overly reinforced stiff necks aren't for me.

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's interesting that he didn't mention playing Mayones at all. He also would not say it's a Gotoh bridge, just a brand with a G...
I like Intervals and Aaron but it's so strange to me when people beat around the bush so much and try to keep things ambiguous.
PRS, Gibson, and Fender were clearly mentioned so I don't think Schecter is directing him to not mention other brands, especially brands of the hardware used on the current signature guitar?
Also it's funny how meticulous the woods and construction was thought out and I've seen multiple reviews of the import guitar having weird ringing issues and people returning them.

Jonnysleftfoot

Reaction score
It's interesting that he didn't mention playing Mayones at all. He also would not say it's a Gotoh bridge, just a brand with a G...
I like Intervals and Aaron but it's so strange to me when people beat around the bush so much and try to keep things ambiguous.
PRS, Gibson, and Fender were clearly mentioned so I don't think Schecter is directing him to not mention other brands, especially brands of the hardware used on the current signature guitar?
Also it's funny how meticulous the woods and construction was thought out and I've seen multiple reviews of the import guitar having weird ringing issues and people returning them.
Yeah I had two AM-7’s with this issue. Ended up returning them both and getting an Aristides 070 that had the same issue on the 4th string. I found that is was the bit of string behind the saddle that was giving sympathetic resonance. I was able to fix it by adding a bit of heat shrink at the ball end of the string. I have to wonder if that would have fixed the issue in the AM-7’s I had. It’s weird to me that some guitars have that issue and others with similar construction don’t.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I don't know much about the quartersawn claim, but what a leap from Mayones with their 13+ piece necks to this.
My impression was multi piece necks were superior for stability, I'm just basing this on hearsay and thinking in my head "yeah that makes sense"
but it was actually probably also my experience with Mayones that led me to thinking that maybe overly reinforced stiff necks aren't for me.
Why's that? I'm trying to think in what instance a stiff neck is a bad thing, not that I've ever played a guitar that I felt was too stiff or like a wet noodle lol.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
My impression was multi piece necks were superior for stability, I'm just basing this on hearsay and thinking in my head "yeah that makes sense"

Why's that? I'm trying to think in what instance a stiff neck is a bad thing, not that I've ever played a guitar that I felt was too stiff or like a wet noodle lol.

Just musically I didn't think it sounded as nice as my other guitars with simpler neck construction. I have no doubt they're more stable, but stability only matters if you want to play it.

Stiman

Reaction score
I believe it was Jeff at Keisel that has said that when you get too many plies, it stops resonating like a single piece of wood, would. So basically there's a balance between strength/stability and resonance.

Who knows if it's true. I have guitars with quarterssawn necks and some with 5-piece necks. I can't tell the difference.

')