New Agile Headless Sample

VigilSerus

Guys gals n guitars
Reaction score
It has some potential, but I think they really just kind of botched the body. The Hawker style has an interesting and useable shape, but they aren't really getting anywhere with it in its current form as a headless. If you aren't going to do a cutaway from the entire body on the bottom (like 90% of headlesses), the carve from the body needs to come through to allow access to the tuners. I think Vandermeij did an AMAZING job doing this with his headless Vik-alike.

qz3kaf.jpg

So I kind of drew up a mediocre sketch to kind of blend the Hawker style with something that works a little better as a headless.

52b521.png

(As an addendum, I actually rather like the locking pieces at the top of this prototype)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

splinter8451

Reaction score
I don't HATE this shape. But the first one was much nicer to me. I think I said in the other thread the original prototype looked a little fat, and this one looks more slender. But I don't like the cutout for the tuners in #2 :eek:

I feel like headless guitars should always have the deep cutaway to access the tuners, not a route.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Flaws aside (especially considering this is an eval sample), this is a great thing. Accessibly-priced headless guitars are on the way.

I'm also very excited about the locking nut and normal strings.

Science_Penguin

Reaction score
Okay, I see potential here... just roll with me on this.

Give it a dark-stained wood finish, put the binding, knobs, pickups and rings in an aged cream, and then lodge a Space Invaders cartridge into the bridge route.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: The Guitari 2600.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Surprised they've made two headless models and still not one based on the AL like Kurt originally brought up.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The first headless prototype they did was much better, but still needed some body improvements...

http://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Headless.html

I agree. This one looks like they actually tweaked the body to be more ergonomic as well. When I think headless, I think ergonomics.

The new one looks too bulky. Like they just took off the headstock and scooped out the body. Just a headless for the sake of being a headless Not to mention this one has a MUCH better nut design.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
The earlier nut definitely looked better, but I like that the new one locks so you can use regular strings. Maybe that isn't that big a deal but it definitely seems like it would be a lot more flexible.

')