New Allan Holdsworth Album.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Allan Holdsworth: Tales from the Vault on PledgeMusic

So Allan is releasing a new album called "Tales of the Vault" with new compositions that no one has heard and etc. However, the album is going to only be available to those who pledge for it. It will not be released on CD or anything. Pledger's will also get to see studio updates and some other cool stuff Holdsworth talks about in the vid.

The most exciting for me about this album is that Anthony Crawford and Virgil Donati are on it! :metal:

Figured some of you guys would be excited about this! Enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I might have missed this otherwise.

..and I got the T-shirt package already. :)

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I might have missed this otherwise.

..and I got the T-shirt package already. :)

You are welcome! Truly the reason I posted it. It's kind of a bummer it won't be released world wide.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
So I've been meaning to get into Allan for a long time now and still haven't picked up any of his albums. Would I be best to start with his best of album Against The Clock? I really dug that tune Sphere of Innocence posted on his pledge page. I don't mean to derail the thread but wanted to see what you guys thought was a good place to start.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
Already donated, looking forward to finally hearing these tracks!

Yousef

Reaction score
Ah, the guitarist that every guitarist name drops and says that he's an influenced by but they show not a single note of that influence in their playing. Just recently I got EZ Mix metal guitar gods and under the Misha Mansoor section there's "Holdsworthy Lead" and "Holdsworthy Clean". Lol.

Allan is a true master and every time I listen to his music I'm constantly rewinding it because I can't believe or don't even understand how he did a certain run so masterfully.

Poparad

Street Theorist
Reaction score
So I've been meaning to get into Allan for a long time now and still haven't picked up any of his albums. Would I be best to start with his best of album Against The Clock? I really dug that tune Sphere of Innocence posted on his pledge page. I don't mean to derail the thread but wanted to see what you guys thought was a good place to start.

Sphere of Innocence is one of my favorites by him. A 'best of' might not be a bad place to start. His albums tend to be somewhat uneven. A mixture of truly excellent tunes with others that are a bit meandering or forgettable.

The album that really got me into him was his last studio album, "Sixteen Men of Tain." Great songs, great production, great solos.

"Hard Hat Area" is the previous album of originals, and it's also great. Not quite as solid all the way through as Tain, but a solid one, none-the-less.

"Wardenclyffe Tower," before that, is similar in consistency to Hard Hat. It has "Sphere" on it, as well as "Zarabeth," which is of a similar vibe and also one of my favorite songs of his.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Ah, the guitarist that every guitarist name drops and says that he's an influenced by but they show not a single note of that influence in their playing. Just recently I got EZ Mix metal guitar gods and under the Misha Mansoor section there's "Holdsworthy Lead" and "Holdsworthy Clean". Lol.

Allan is a true master and every time I listen to his music I'm constantly rewinding it because I can't believe or don't even understand how he did a certain run so masterfully.

IMHO, most of these artist (influenced by Mr Holdsworth) just seem to take his lead sound. But musically? I'm not educated enough to comment how much they actually take influences theory-wise. I'm personally just trying to rip-off his smoooth legato technique :lol:

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Sphere of Innocence is one of my favorites by him. A 'best of' might not be a bad place to start. His albums tend to be somewhat uneven. A mixture of truly excellent tunes with others that are a bit meandering or forgettable.

The album that really got me into him was his last studio album, "Sixteen Men of Tain." Great songs, great production, great solos.

"Hard Hat Area" is the previous album of originals, and it's also great. Not quite as solid all the way through as Tain, but a solid one, none-the-less.

"Wardenclyffe Tower," before that, is similar in consistency to Hard Hat. It has "Sphere" on it, as well as "Zarabeth," which is of a similar vibe and also one of my favorite songs of his.

Thanks bro!

')