New amp day... 5150 III content!

• Thread starter jordanky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Took a roadtrip and met up with BryanFTWL today and got this from him in a trade deal. Cool guy to chat with, easy to deal with and also takes very nice care of his stuff!

Anyways, I've barely gotten to turn it up, because I ended up having family over as soon as I made it back home with the amp, but I have jammed around a little and I can tell that this thing absolutely rips. I also had to re-arrange my pedalboard for the solid EVH footswitch to fit. Good thing I don't need anymore pedals because my case is totally loaded now haha.

Anyways, some crappy pictures.
IMAG1228.jpg

IMAG1236.jpg

Freshly re-arranged pedal board!
IMAG1233.jpg

A few toys with some free camera modeling app I downloaded for my phone, I'm lame haha
shot_1318216552998.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
Took a roadtrip and met up with BryanFTWL today and got this from him in a trade deal. Cool guy to chat with, easy to deal with and also takes very nice care of his stuff!

Anyways, I've barely gotten to turn it up, because I ended up having family over as soon as I made it back home with the amp, but I have jammed around a little and I can tell that this thing absolutely rips. I also had to re-arrange my pedalboard for the solid EVH footswitch to fit. Good thing I don't need anymore pedals because my case is totally loaded now haha.

Anyways, some crappy pictures.
IMAG1228.jpg

IMAG1236.jpg

Freshly re-arranged pedal board!
IMAG1233.jpg

A few toys with some free camera modeling app I downloaded for my phone, I'm lame haha
shot_1318216552998.jpg

I got my 5150 III last week and I love it! Welcome to the family man :)

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
Jealous dude!

Just out of curiosity what's the deal with the tape on your pedals? Does it stop the knobs moving?

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Jealous dude!

Just out of curiosity what's the deal with the tape on your pedals? Does it stop the knobs moving?

I carry all of my cables inside my road case, so I took all of my pedals apart and gaff taped the tops of them, then put them back together. This way, I can mark my settings so if my cables jostle them around and mess them up, it's no big deal to go back to where I need to ve.

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
I carry all of my cables inside my road case, so I took all of my pedals apart and gaff taped the tops of them, then put them back together. This way, I can mark my settings so if my cables jostle them around and mess them up, it's no big deal to go back to where I need to ve.

Ahhh good shout, I just tape the knobs down to my pedals, does the trick!

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Ahhh good shout, I just tape the knobs down to my pedals, does the trick!

I thought about that, but I make a lot of noise sometimes with my Carbon Copy, so I didn't wanna lock my knobs down. I could have probably done it to the rest of my pedals, but I'm too OCD about things for that, haha.

samincolour

Sweaty fox.
Reaction score
I thought about that, but I make a lot of noise sometimes with my Carbon Copy, so I didn't wanna lock my knobs down. I could have probably done it to the rest of my pedals, but I'm too OCD about things for that, haha.

Haha fair enough! My pedalboard's a mess but it works, there's no point in me being OCD about it because most shows it gets something spilt on it or someone accidently stomps on it or whatever, I wish it was neat though!

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Sweet score!! I just got a 6505+ and wonder how these compare in tone?? I heard your amp sounds like a beast, but never actually played one.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet score!! I just got a 6505+ and wonder how these compare in tone?? I heard your amp sounds like a beast, but never actually played one.

The guitarist in my old band had a 6505+ and it was purely evil, I loved it. Too bad he is one of those dudes that tries to sell his used gear for more than it sells new. He ended up needing to sell it and wanted $1000 for just the head :lol:

I got to set my stuff up and crank it for a little bit yesterday. Sounded awesome. I'm really happy with it, I can't wait to take to rehearsal!

IMAG1258.jpg

')