New Amp Day: Revv Generator 100R Mk III

lewstherin006

Reaction score
This is my first brand new amp I have ever gotten, and only my 3rd tube amp ever actually. The 100R Mk III is like it's big brother, The 4 channel Generator 120, but while the 120 has the Purple and Red high gain channels, the 100R has just the Red (The 100P is the same but with just the purple channel)
The biggest surprise to me was how well the 100R's clean (Blue) and Crunch (Green) are. The clean channel is great for a modern high gain amp, and the Green channel lets you go from slightly dirty (Think John Mayer Trio Tone) all the way to classic rock. And of course and the Red channel melts your face for any type of metal tone. The built in Two notes Audio Engineering
Captor X for virtual cabs is sooo great. I basically just have to turn on the amp and can start playing through my studio monitors with awesome tone without pissing off my wife with how loud it is.

I just ordered a new interface so im waiting till it comes in to do a review/give some audio examples. Dont worry, I will bombard yall with plenty of them when they are ready.

143143377_10105209121246540_5136062057178391377_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Congrats!
I really hope more companies start working with Two Notes to include load boxes and cab sims/ IR loaders directly into amps.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
HNAD! Those Revv’s have always been interesting to me. Most demos sound great, then I hear mixed reviews so I’m never sure what to think. I need to play one.

AussieTerry

Reaction score
I was looking at one of these but got pretty shit customer service so I no longer have Revv on my list. Very disappointed.

AussieTerry

Reaction score
Enquired about getting a 100R and was shrugged off to go buy from a local guitar shop instead, and to my understanding going this way means no customisation (i believe shops get a default black amp) and a price increase of almost $1000 by going that way. So a $4k amp becomes a $5k amp with no customisation.

Fuck that i might aswell get a EVH stealth or dual rec.

The Thing Upstairs

Reaction score
HNAD!

Where do these fit in on the spectrum? I've been tempted to pickup its lil bro the G20. Ive got marshal, a roadster and a pair of 5153s, where would this fit in?

lewstherin006

Reaction score
HNAD!

Where do these fit in on the spectrum? I've been tempted to pickup its lil bro the G20. Ive got marshal, a roadster and a pair of 5153s, where would this fit in?

G20 is awesome. It is sorta like a 5150 but not at the same time. The purple channel is the dryer more "SLO/5150" type of channel.

Enquired about getting a 100R and was shrugged off to go buy from a local guitar shop instead, and to my understanding going this way means no customisation (i believe shops get a default black amp) and a price increase of almost $1000 by going that way. So a $4k amp becomes a $5k amp with no customisation.

Fuck that i might aswell get a EVH stealth or dual rec.

I bought mine from sweetwater which is a dealer, and the price on it was the same as if I would have gotten it from Revv directly. It sounds like your local shop jacked the price up.

NeubyWanKaneuby

Reaction score
So, you can actually run direct with the Two Notes and not worry about being connected to a cab?

')