New Amp Model from Rhodes Amps

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

4Eyes

Reaction score
is it just me, or the guitar wasn't set up properly? that high note on the highest string when guy was playing on clean around 12 fret. it appeared twice, sounds to me like neck pickup is too high, or strings are too low, poor fretwork, truss rod not set well or combination of all.

but dirty channel sounds great, tight. I'm not impressed by clean, but sounds nice thought I heard better cleans, IMO

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Dude, it's an Acacia. I think that answers why.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I think it sounds great. Not a colossus, but still amazingly well bodied.

4Eyes

Reaction score
Dude, it's an Acacia. I think that answers why.
don't know about all threads, but search is my friend and now I get it. I wonder why someone, who wants to represent his amps at it's best would choose guitar from company with such bad reputation? or when it's noticeable that guitar is not ok? :scratch:

or was it guitar of that dude who was playing? but I still don't get it. :eek:

it seems there were lot of interesting amps at this NAMM. but I still would like to see something tube, low wattage (meaning <5W), something like big amp, full controls, options, but with less power - mainly for practicing, recording... just thinking

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
I asked him when he announced it the difference. He didn't give me the full detail but it doesn't have midi and some switches that the Gemini does, which brings down the price.&#65279; No price point yet. Expecting $2k range.

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
This is something I DON'T want to know about because of the already massive amp GAS going on this year...

LOL.. I have been seriously gassing for a Rhodes amp since I heard about them... Gotta find a way to have one - Gemini or Orthos..

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
Details on the amp:

"The basic tone of the Lead channel in this amp is taken from the Gemini with Fat Green and Mode Blue. This is also essentially the tone of the Colossus Lead channel with Mode On, and Fat On. The Voice switch on the Orthos goes between Colossus Lead 1 and Lead 2 voicings, which is then the same as Gemini Voice Green and Orange. :)&#65279;"

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
Details on the amp:

"The basic tone of the Lead channel in this amp is taken from the Gemini with Fat Green and Mode Blue. This is also essentially the tone of the Colossus Lead channel with Mode On, and Fat On. The Voice switch on the Orthos goes between Colossus Lead 1 and Lead 2 voicings, which is then the same as Gemini Voice Green and Orange. :)&#65279;"
:scratch:
means that it sounds bad@$$ I hope:shred:

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Well, Nolly just mentioned on FB he ordered one, stating it is "without a doubt the best sounding and feeling high-gain amp I've come across". Coming from him and his extensive Deizel usage, among other great tones, I'm probably completely f*cked. I really still want to try a Satan because of the mixed tubes, but those be some big praises right there.:hbang:

I'm openly admitting to being a total fanboy of his tones from all the clips, tunes, etc. he's recorded, which adds a % to the GAS. :bowdown::agreed::lol:

We've got to hear this with a 7 or 8 string. Soon. Keith. Demo. Now. please. :agreed:

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
I really still want to try a Satan because of the mixed tubes, but those be some big praises right there.:hbang:
Well the Rhodes have the ability as well. I made up my mind and I'm going to be getting one in the next couple of years.

Rhodes Amplification said:
The power section consists of a quad of 6L6GC tubes, standard. However, just about any octal power tube can be installed -- EL34, KT88, 6550, etc. Each tube is individually fused in order to protect the amplifier in the event of a tube failure. A Fault LED lights to indicate a fuse has blown and the tube is no longer functioning. One can also remove a pair of fuses as an easy way to run the 100W amp at half-power.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Well the Rhodes have the ability as well. I made up my mind and I'm going to be getting one in the next couple of years.

Yeah that's pretty swick! The individually fused tubes is perfect; I downsized (sold my ENGL Invader and bought an Ironball) because of rnot wanting a 100+ watt amp anymore that I can't really use in an apartment. I was considering going with the 50w option on a Rhodes, but sh*t if I can just pull two fuses and still have mixed tubes, I am set.

My Gemini gets here tomorrow, i'll make some 7 strings clips ;)

YUSSSSSS.

protest

Reaction score
This has been added to the list of things that are overkill for me that I still tell myself I need even though I can't really afford it.

Nik_Left_RG

Reaction score
Well, Nolly just mentioned on FB he ordered one, stating it is "without a doubt the best sounding and feeling high-gain amp I've come across". Coming from him and his extensive Deizel usage, among other great tones, I'm probably completely f*cked. I really still want to try a Satan because of the mixed tubes, but those be some big praises right there.:hbang:

I'm openly admitting to being a total fanboy of his tones from all the clips, tunes, etc. he's recorded, which adds a % to the GAS. :bowdown::agreed::lol:

We've got to hear this with a 7 or 8 string. Soon. Keith. Demo. Now. please. :agreed:

Thats awesome!! Gemini or Orthos ?Let's hope that amp solves some of the weird frequencies I keep hearing on few of their songs.

My Gemini gets here tomorrow, i'll make some 7 strings clips ;)

You, Sir, are welcome to post as many clips and pics of that amp as you want:cool: Btw, Which options did you get on yours

Yeah that's pretty swick! The individually fused tubes is perfect; I downsized (sold my ENGL Invader and bought an Ironball) because of rnot wanting a 100+ watt amp anymore that I can't really use in an apartment. I was considering going with the 50w option on a Rhodes, but sh*t if I can just pull two fuses and still have mixed tubes, I am set.

Sounds great but I am not sure if you could mix tubes, like a pair of 6L6 along with KT88s.. Would be great if it is..

This has been added to the list of things that are overkill for me that I still tell myself I need even though I can't really afford it.

Welcome to the club... the GAS is oh so painful on this one... I think I am gonna crack soon.

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
Nolly ordered an Orthos.
My options were 100w all black and lit metal field panel, plus footswitch.

Kyle isn't helping too much with GAS. I was originally gasing for a Colossus, but didn't need 4 channels, so ordered a Gemini. Now if you want the Colossus/Gemini tone with 2 channels but no midi bells and whistles, you can order an Orthos!

Latest posts

')